Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I made mine by using a polished aluminum bar and running it through turned upside down badge bar holders. I then bolted to it a piece of flat stock the same width of the badge holders and that bolts to the licence plate holes. Depending on how long you want the bar the end braces have a twist to them and go behind the front bumper then bolt to the bumper brackets or over rider mount. Now mine is a TR250 and the over riders are farther apart than a early TR4. I tried to find a pic because I know I sent it to someone but could not find it. I'll keep looking though. Mine hold a couple badges and 2 driving lights.
The front licence plate covers the braces too. I did have to put a slight bend in the bar so it would follow the curve of the bumper. It is very strong and there is very minimal light shaking while driving. Only large pot holes do I notice any shaking and we have a lot of them in Ohio. So if your just butting on badges no worries.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.