• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Protection

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
I lived a block away from my highschool,..which was convenient,..but it ruined all chances of my parents letting me have a car, and completely ruined any excuse for being late.

I didn't get a car till I was 18,..I bought it myself,..$600.,...1979 Dodge Omni,...a very sexy car :p

Good thing was that it leaked so much oil, that it never needed an oil change.

Drove that baby for 4 years, till the transmission fell off.

.....misty, oil smoke colored memories of....

heeheehee.

Anyway,..I put a lojack in my B,..just cause I'm in the city so much. Better Safe.

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
I remember back in high school when, with some disassembly, we put the principal's VW up on the second floor of the building one night while he was away at a ballgame....next day, he just got on the intercom & announced that Tony Barnhill & his friends were excused from last period & his car had better be in his parking space when he was ready to go home! It was - nothing more was said (though there is a photo of it in the 1964 yearbook).

R6MGS

Yoda
[ QUOTE ]
I remember back in high school when, with some disassembly, we put the principal's VW up on the second floor of the building one night while he was away at a ballgame....next day, he just got on the intercom & announced that Tony Barnhill & his friends were excused from last period & his car had better be in his parking space when he was ready to go home! It was - nothing more was said (though there is a photo of it in the 1964 yearbook).

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Somehow I just KNEW you'd had VW "speed building" experience!

We'd done it to a friend's roomie. College dorm. Wouldn't actually fit inna room (we measured to be sure) so we put it in the dining room. Beige one: It matched the walls /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hillarious. That's a classic!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The "House Mouse" didn't think so. It kinda ~dripped~ something onna hardwood floor apparently.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Coach Muse was good about stuff like that - guess it was all the years coaching football before becoming principal

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
He understood "boyish enthusiasm" apparently /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, but when you got him angry - he didn't care how hard he popped that butt with a hardwood paddle with holes drilled in it! & then he'd call your father to tel him what you did - & what he did about it!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
ah yes, that was back in the days when parents didn't sue schools for paddling kids.... I think I may have been the last generation of kids to go through school under that type of society...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yeah, whatever the teacher did to you at school, your parents did worse when you got home!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The memory is seared into my brain...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
& my butt!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
ditto... including getting rapped pretty hard on my knuckles on one occasion when I got home... never woulda thought getting knuckles rapped would be painful...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
My brain was IN my butt back then!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Mine was somehwere else but definitely not above my neck!

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I was TRYING to be "diplomatic".

geezz.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
apparently some people are better at being "diplomatic" than others... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Nobody ever accused me of diplomacy....my NCO's & junior officers always knew where I stood! I can never be a politician!