• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Progress in the body shop

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Well, it ain't quite pretty (yet), but it is a lot of progress from 3 weeks ago. Today started the panel fitting and adjusting before changing body mounts and final alignment. Then it will all come apart for painting before reassembly.

Attachments

• 12907.jpg
    12907.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 310
  • 12908.jpg
    12908.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 12909.jpg
    12909.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 311

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Are those all NOS Body panels?

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Rich,

I got lucky and those are early British Heritage panels. The hood and fenders were the last of the old stock that they had. The front panel is also British Heritage and it is as heavy as the original with undercoating on it.

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Brosky said:
Rich,

I got lucky and those are early British Heritage panels. The hood and fenders were the last of the old stock that they had. The front panel is also British Heritage and it is as heavy as the original with undercoating on it.

Wow, great find it'll look awesome when it's done. (although I'm sure you'd rather that you never had to do it to begin with!) Do you think it'll be done in time for the CCBCC British legends show? I hope so, like to see it there!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
No chance for BLW this year. The panel alignment, frame mounting replacement and paint preparation on the front end will take all of next week. The following week will be the removal of the windshield assembly, removal of the paint from the fenders back and paint preparation for the entire car.

I expect to see it in the first or second week of October. I've learned not to rush someone who is really fussy about their work.

T

Tinster

WOW!!!

Paul, I didn't think you had in ya!

The panels color change to partial flat black with
the remaining yellow panels will be outstanding.

Well Done! :thumbsup:

I would rechristen the car- "Yellow Jacket Stinger"

d :yesnod:

Number_6

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Tinster said:
WOW!!!

Paul, I didn't think you had in ya!

The panels color change to partial flat black with
the remaining yellow panels will be outstanding.

Well Done! :thumbsup:

I would rechristen the car- "Yellow Jacket Stinger"

d :yesnod:

He's decided to do the whole car in 'Stealth Fighter Black' :jester:

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Black actually looks awesome on the six.

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I've already told my wife that in my next life, I'll have a black TR6 with a slightly different drive train and she can have the yellow one.

The answer was, that will be fine in that life, but don't get any ideas about changing the color on this car, or that other life may come sooner than you think.

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Tom,

I think that it will be as good as, or better than new. I'm glad that I went for the right front fender now. There was a small hole, about the size of a 50 cent piece about midway along the bottom. The undercoating was hiding it.

Luckily (again) there was not rust damage inside the fender and the rocker panels and quarter panels are rust free.

Alan is very fussy, so I trust his work and the fact that he really likes the car and takes pride in what he's doing with it. So if it takes a little longer, who cares? It will be better for it.

BryanC

Jedi Hopeful
The Heritage panels look good and should be a good base for the work. As a note to others that are drooling over those pieces - it appears that there are some differences between the front valances on early cars and the Heritage valance. I bought a Heritage front valance and found that the holes for the turn signals are about 3/4" lower than they were on my original valance (on a 1971). I suspect that there was a change to the valance on the home market cars (probably in the 1974 range) and that is the basis for the Heritage panels. With the higher bumper of the early cars, lowering the turn signals 3/4" will cause them to hit the bumper. A later bumper like the early '74 won't have this problem.

Bryan