• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Saw this 100 on PBS's Father Brown - The Paradise of Thieves
father brown.jpg

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Back to the film clip that originally started this string: I may be repeating someone else's observation but notice that in the short scenes leading up to the Healey's being shown resting on its hood the wheels are disc whereas later they are wire wheels. I will say I am jealous that they somehow got the rubber windshield molding to lie flat against the scuttle--something with which I am still struggling.

Also where is the knurled knob in the windshield stanchion--was it removed to make filming easier as was the flap on the very front corner of the hood which seems to be pulled up in some way?

Last edited:
OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Ok, I didn't find a Healey, but this is a not so great movie I watched with my wife a couple nights ago that is great for early 60s Brit and Euro car spotting. I kept blurting out "oh cool, that is a ...." https://www.imcdb.org/movie_2095649-Grace-of-Monaco.html

Samples on the IMCDB, but nice scenes in the movie, and probably more than a few not already listed.

There should have been a Healey in there as Princess Grace actually owned one: https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf...-Healeys&p=877232&highlight=monaco#post877232

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Bob_Spidell

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Side note: I've been watching the 'Mysteries of Apollo' on (I think) the Science Channel. Many/most of the participants/commenters were Brits; I had no idea they contributed so much to the program (including the head of the electronics design team--who knew?).

Bill Young

Country flag
Maybe 20 +/- years ago the TV series "Pointman" was filmed in the parking lot across from my office. They paid me $180.00 to use my Healey 100 in the episode. I wonder if this could be found?

Bill Young
BJ8, BN2, AN5
sjahc.com

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Is that really your car, Keoke?

Yep Rick:
That is my Lil RED 1966 MK 11 BJ8 , man what a production it was---:applause:

Similarly , My 1966 Daimler 250 V8 { Lady Grey } was used in The Life story of Sir Elton John. I was unable to get copies of that production

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Yep Rick:
That is my Lil RED 1966 MK 111 BJ8 , man what a production it was---:applause:

Similarly , My 1966 Daimler 250 V8 { Lady Grey } was used in The Life story of Sir Elton John. I was unable to get copies of that production
as well as others done for the UK and German Product advertisers

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Yep Rick:
That is my Lil RED 1966 MK 11 BJ8 , man what a production it was---:applause:

That's very cool. I always wonder what happened to the cars that appear in these movies and videos.