• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

CLEAH

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Since my wife was going to her ballet class this evening, I thought what a perfect time to see more jazzed up and power mad kids! So I watched the entire movie. Let's just say that the trailer is about all you need to see--it pretty much contains all the action in the film. But besides the Healey, MGA, and TR3, there are three Jeeps that feature--two CJ5's and a flattie. And what is the deal with MGA drivers? Mean, hot headed and kinda crazy!

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
If you're at the Lime Rock Vintage Festival this year I'll buy you a cold one.

Rick--

For whatever reason I ran across this old post and I now understand why you dropped off those brews at this year's Lime Rock Festival.

Thanks mucho!

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Rick--

For whatever reason I ran across this old post and I now understand why you dropped off those brews at this year's Lime Rock Festival.

Thanks mucho!

il_340x270.471514404_983v.jpg

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I'll have to watch "On the Beach" again, but I thought the racing scenes were filmed at Phillip Island, Victoria (Australia).

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
More -" When Bad Things Happen to Good Healeys"

The Bank Job (2008) - Self-reformed petty criminal Terry Leather (Jason Statham) has become a financially struggling car dealer and settled into a pedestrian London life with his wife and kids, but takes the plunge into big crime when his ex-girlfriend, Martine (Saffron Burrows), turns up with an offer to pull off a lucrative bank heist. After Terry assembles his crew of misfits and begins the operation, he finds that there are other agendas at play, and powerful players who have designs on the vault's contents

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I particularly enjoyed the squealing tire sounds effects while the cars were on loose dirt. Oh well, at least we know that no Healeys were harmed in the making of that movie.

Funny, I thought the same thing. Reminds me of when Broderick Crawford used to peel out in dirt and make rubber squealing noises on "Highway Patrol". (BTW, did you like the disc wheels on the Healey?)

red57

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Looks to me like the white 100-6/3000 briefly changes into a white 100 when it's following the spitfire down the hill from the house at the start of the 'race' around the 3:20 mark.

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Thanks for that information Steve. I just had a look at the link. The author refers to a scene where Ava Gardner drives "a sports car" very fast. That was a 100/6 that today belongs to a member on the AHOC of Victoria.

twas_brillig

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Any thoughts as to what the crunched vehicle (with the transverse leaf spring) was? Doug

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Is it real? (From the looks of the shroud, seems like somebody's been leaning on it fiddling with the cold air box).

i801425.jpg

THE RELUCTANT DEBUTANTE -1958 - A teenage American girl while visiting her father, is thrown into London society during the "Debutante Season". With appearances of Rex Harrison, Angela Lansbury and Sandra Dee.

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
How about this one?

austinhealey000114.jpg

MOVING ON - The Beneficiary - BBC-TV 2014 - Married to the boorish Derek with two demanding boys put-upon Helen's life is brightened by her meetings with cultured, older lover Duncan and she is devastated when he is killed in a car crash. When she receives a letter to say Duncan left her ÂŁ50,000 she has to admit everything to an angry Derek though she points out that Duncan respected her intellect and did not take her for granted like her husband. She decides to refuse the bequest, feeling that it would cheapen what she and Duncan had. And then her solicitor tells her something that makes her change her mind.

That's Duncan polishing his Healey, but I couldn't find a clip to see if he dies behind the wheel of it.

mgtf328

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Some driver, he sets off down the wrong side of the road!
I think the first guy has my steering box in his car by the way he drives down the straight.
The big question is " who owns them now".

AJ

OP
HealeyRick

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
When or if you happen to see the new movie "All the money in the World", regarding J P Getty. don't miss the first minute of the film. you will see an Austin Healey 3000, which will never be seen again in the film. Does anyone happen to know the owner of this Austin Healey? :driving:

Thanks to healey106 for another add to this thread.