• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pictures from Day of Triumph

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I know that several others took them, but this is all I got before my camera batteries went south. If anyone has some that they want me to add to my web page, let me know.

NET Day of Triumph

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
WOW great photos!! Looks like a lot of very nice triumphs!
I assume that that was your TR6? I like the third brake light on the roll bar. What kind is it and how does it install?
Dan

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Dan,

I bought it on line for about $30 from a lighting shop. LED Lightbars
Probably the best $30 that I ever spent on the car.

I ran the wiring down through the roll bar on the drivers side, where it was easy to tie into the wire harness.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
OK.... This is interesting........I'm using FireFox 3.5 and it loads the pictures about 3 screens off to the right. I have to scroll way right to see them. If I use IE, they pop right in as they should. This is when web site work drives you nuts!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
And it displays as designed in Opera and Mozilla.

EDIT:

Bob, that could be based on your monitor resolution settings.

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Paul.... there's something going on with Firefox and the code for just that one page. I just checked it on our laptop and my wife's PC, all running Firefox and the frame loads fine but the page heading and the pictures below it are all 3 screens off to the right. All your other pages load just fine. Anybody else with Firefox seeing the same thing?

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Works fine for me, Firefox 3.0.10

Sometimes it pays to stay off the bleeding edge ...

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Great photo's Paul. :thankyousign: for posting them!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Try it again after clearing your caches and let me know what you see now.

Thanks,

PR

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
Paul...... this is the stuff that will make you nuts when you maintain a web site. I just randomly went through about 20 of your links and everything works perfectly except the car show photo galleries e.g. Day of Triumph, BMCNEPhoto.htm, Netphoto.htm, British Legends 2006, Valley of Sin etc. They all load fine in IE and load 3 full screens off to the right in Firefox 3.5. So it must be something with how you load a photo gallery to your site that Firefox 3.5 isn't liking. Just went and checked the laptop version and it's running 3.0.11 and has the same problem. Randall had no problem with 3.0.10 so I guess that's where the Firefox change was made.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
It may not be the Firefox version at all; but some underlying DLL interface that is the problem. I just tried it again on my work PC, with Firefox 3.0.10 on XP (home machine is still 2K) and it has the problem.

But IE on the same machine works fine.

JodyFKerr

Jedi Knight
It looks (based on the page source code) that you use Front Page to develop the pages.

The problem comes in the main table that contains the page. You have explicit widths for the first 2 columns, and then a 100% setting for the last one. That in combination with the pictures is probably what's setting it off. You may want to manually specify the width (say 700 pixels or so).

Jody

elysium

Paul-I've had the same problem all morning trying to see the pics as well.When first loading I would have an image for 1-2 secs and then it would disappear( not being as resourceful as BobbyD I never went hunting for it but it was @ 3 pages to the right as described) All of the other sections of your site opened and displayed as expected.
Dan-Paul's brake light is superb. I had installed two others that looked like crappe' and the put this on and it is A++++++. Actually have the feeling that folks might even see me know!

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
It sounds like Jody spotted the problem. Jody....do you see the same thing on the other car show pages that are located way down the bottom of his navigation menu? I also use FrontPage for all of my web work and keep telling myself that I'll learn HTML someday.......but that will never happen.

Don't you love these forums....we troubleshoot car problems and HTML problems!

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
I saw what Jody said and thanks. I went into the code and changed that table to 90%. Let me know how this looks now.
Thanks,
Paul

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Looks good to me, Paul.