• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Picking up a '63

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm picking up the '63 and it has really old bias ply tires on it. The car runs, drives, is registered, insured and inspected. Since it's like this I've opted to drive it the 30 miles homes rather than get a trailer. Should be no problem other than the tires. I want to take the big fat tires/superlights off of my '74 and bring them to swap out to avoid any possibility of a blow out.

Prolly a silly question but the bolt pattern and stud size is the same from 62-80 correct?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Yes. <span style="text-decoration: line-through">But, photos are required.</span> Oh, wait, is it the Iris Blue one in your sig? You dawg! I want an Iris Blue car.

Yep, all of the Bs are 4x4.5,. Vince I think it would proper to have a set of Superlites for both Bs :wink: Nice find buddy.

OP
vping

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Thanks guys.

I'm leaving it plain Jane with the steel wheels and the half moons. The car was basically a barnfind with mostly original parts. Seats and interior other than carpet and an armrest are not stock. There were a few mods done and the wiring is buggered. Needs some bodywork but I'm going to give it a sympathetic restorationa and clean it up. All of the work will be bartered (another story).

I've been waiting about two months to get it and it was finally dropped off in NYC this past Tuesday. If the weather is good, I'm picking it up in the AM. If not, I wait another week.

If I get it tomorrow, pics will be coming.