• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Perfect time of year for a Healey

Fairview

Jedi Hopeful
April and May, September and October- the perfect months in Virginia to own a Healey. I wanted to share today's photo, and Easter greetings to you all. Jeff
DSC08746-X2.jpg

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Very nice!

My spring ride didn't go quite as well. Soon after I set off on what was going to be a short ride, clouds started to gather and then my car died. No tools or spare parts, but fortunately I had my cell phone and was able to call AAA. Appears to be ignition related.

Several very nice people stopped to chat while I was waiting for the flatbed truck. An elderly couple in a Ferrari, another guy who collects Model T Fords, and a young man who slowed down to offer me a lift into town. He said "my Dad had two of those. I grew up on the side of the road". He gave me a thumbs up as he drove off.

Attachments

• 28282.jpg
    28282.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 278

elrey

Darth Vader
Country flag
I hate to be able to say this, but your auto sure looks good on that flatbed. :cheers:

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
It was the first dry weekend day we've had in months, I really wanted take the BJ8 out, but the "honey-do" list was just too long to get away with it. Today's weather may cooperate for a quick spin. Pictures to follow.....

pkmh

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well, I was lucky enough not to have any issues with my Healey today. Sorry to learn about the above breakdown. Bummer!

It was a beautiful day and it's not over for me yet.

But I first decided to retune the SU's a bit with a Unisyn and then adjust the points. I had to remove those dang air cleaners which is a choir. Then and of course, I dropped an air cleaner bolt and have no idea where that went, but I am sure it didn't fall within the bulkhead frame work (I placed a towel over that area from past experience and I used a magnet anyway but no bites). Luckily, I have spare bolts.

This is the second time I was able to get her up to a speed of about 65 and no real issues other than some small vibration, maybe from the tranny, but not sure. I haven't tackled all mounting points to the tranny yet, but I suspect that could be the cause. I have read here about other areas such as the flywheel or crankshaft pulley but I'm not complaining just yet. She also goes straight but I do need to do suspension works (does anyone know of rebuilding "kits" sold for suspension?). That would make my life and guesswork as to what is needed a bit easier.

And the O/D works or kicks in at about 55 mph. I did notice a premature "punch" when stepping on the gas and I think this is from the O/D being close to the transferring point or threshold (or going from 4th to 5th gear). The punch occurs around 50 mph.

I have about another hour of thrills (or chills). So for one last cruise.

Enjoy!

Paul

Michael Oritt

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I went on my first ride of the season a few weeks ago when I drove the 100 up to D.L. George's shop in Cochransville PA for VSCCA's tech session.

It is about 125 miles from my home to Wilmington, DE where I planned to spend the night. I crossed the Chesapeake Bay Bridge about 4:30 PM just before Friday traffic got bad, had a pleasant ride up the Eastern Shore and got to my hotel about 6:00 PM.

Saturday was an outstanding day so it was top down and off to David's shop. He has an awesome facility full of incredible cars. Check his website at: https://www.dlgeorgecoachworksltd.com/

Sunday morning I headed home--foggy, cool and light drizzle so up goes the top and out come the side curtains. It's amazing how many suspicious and mildly alarming noises you can hear when buttoned up, but the 100 performed flawlessly.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Well, I was able to get out in the sun today behind the wheel of my favorite stead and it did not disapoint. Even though it was just a short trip across town the Big Healey didn't miss a beat after the long winters nap.

RAC68

Darth Vader
I totally agree with Jeff and the group that this is a great time to drive the Healey. NJ has had unusually warm weather this past winter and one that has allowed me to drive, not always with the top down, since January. Michael’s comment about concerning noises with the top up hit home as I seem to always be listening and diagnosing the potential (but thankfully nonexistent) problem. But, with the top down and the Beach Boys loud and clear, the ride is always glorious.

Enjoy and then Enjoy again,
Ray (64BJ8P1)