Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My question: What radiator could I get that will fit in a MKIII without body mods that will work with a MKIII OR a 1500 radiator shroud (I have both) and will be able to cool well if I swap in a 2.0 Zetec/Duratec/Lampredi or a modified A series putting out 90/100HP?
supposedly the aluminum units for the sprite (griffin, speedwell etc.) will do the job well. Thats the route im planning on trying. Other option is the Valeo VW aluminum unit from like a sorrocco or something but that requires cutting the radiator uprights.
Dont know if the geo metro aluminum radiator would be adequate or not.
Tom: I'm running a Midget 1500 rad that I turned upside down and modifyed the inlet on in my A 15 Datsun engined Mk2 midget. I estimate around 80hp just by its performance. It cooled fine an the way to, and back from Midget 50. Electric pusher fan set to 190 degrees. 180 thermostat. On the open road temp stayed about 185. In town fan kicked on and temp never got over 195. Anyone attended from the west or south can tell you the drive was HOT. Mine is the cheap setup and if it had'nt worked I'm sure I could have found something for more money that would.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.