• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Parted out a '79

Country flag
I picked up a '79 midget and parted it out. It was a partially junked to start with. I'm using the A-arms, spindles, etc. for my bugeye's disc brake set up. I'm also using the rear end and axles and brake plates. Is there anything else of value on the car that I should keep. Meaning... is there anything that might be of use to someone else or is worth the effort to sell on EBay. I do not know much about the rubber bumper cars, so I thought I'd ask before sending the remains off to the crusher.

weewillie

Darth Vader
Country flag
does it still have the wiper wheelboxes as I need a couple of bushings and nuts?

terriphill

Darth Vader
My son bought a 1990 supra with no motor on e-bay for $100. He posted about 8-10 parts (ie. a mirror, switch etc) and in his descriptions said he was parting out a 1990 supra turbo, e-mail him for part requests. He ended up making about $800 by listing the things people asked for. (one guy wanted a a door switch, someone else asked for a small mechanical part for the pop up headlights) basically, they asked, he listed them and he could have sold even more, but this was just to make money for Christmas. You never know what people need until they ask. (BTW I would like to have the little triangular plastic piece that snaps over my interior door pull screw and a hazard lights switch for a 1977 Midget)

OP
Trevor Jessie
Country flag
Thanks for the advice. I may list a few things that seem more useable and do as your son and note that people can contact me to list other items.

I'll check on the condition of the hazard switch. Most of the interior is trashed so I doubt I have those triangular bits. I'll PM when I check that switch.

weewillie... It has the wiper system. send me a PM with the details of which bits you need and I'll send'em to you.

OP
Trevor Jessie
Country flag
It has a gear lever (no knob). I didn't look too closely at it. Is there anything that I should look for to make sure it is serviceable?

PM me for details.

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
Trevor, grab the rear diffy from the car.

OP
Trevor Jessie
Country flag
The rear diff was part of the reason I bought the car. According to the VIN it should have been a 3.7, but someone had swapped it over to a 3.9

But it was still a bargain, and a 3.9 will work fine for most of my driving.