Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Has anyone put a pacesetter header on thier Midget (1500) and if so how hard was it? Did you hookup to your stock exhaust? I am looking into buying one.
I had a pacesetter on my 1500, and i installed one on a B this spring. I do not care for them. they both required machining of the sealing surface by a fair amount as they were horrible. And some tweaking of the bends to get them to fit good. When mounted on the B the outlet was pointed at the drivers headrest!
For my car i ended up scrapping the pacesetter and going with the 4-2-1 from APT https://www.aptfast.com/
That one on ebay looks pretty good and the price looks reasonable...
It was this way going back to the 1970s. The Pacesetter stuff was cheap and aweful. APT and Seven had good headers. I'm not sure if Seven is still around any longer.
I've got a Pacesetter on my 1098 and it doesn't fit very well. It's flanges are not the same thickness as the intake and since they share the same hold down bolts...that's a problem. I couldn't bring myself to grind down the intake to match a crappy exhaust. I think I might be better off getting on original exhaust manifold. I can't believe there's much if any difference in performance between the two.
That flange problem was the same one I had! I do think there is a noticeable difference between the stock unit and the header though (and certainly some weight-saving too!).
Yeah? You think it's worth it? Last time I had it apart I made some shims to add thickness to the Pacesetter flange. I still don't think it seals well. I've blown out the manifold gasket a few times already. Maybe I'll make that a winter thing, to make the Pacesetter fit. I was going to Vizardize the stock intake anyway.
I have two pacesetters, very old and rusty. They never fit will onto the head because of the flange thickness, so I have always used shims. They otherwise seem to work well enough.
I installed a Pacesetter on my 1275. I found the header flange thicker than the intake. I machined washers with a step to correct. About 1/16" if I remember correctly. Other than that, it fit just fine.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.