• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Our Pets

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"one of the parking lot boys gets into a scrap with a raccoon. He was easy to pick up, being nearly half dead. After his days at the vet we weren't about to put him back out with the coyotes. He settled in within a few hours. Shows zero interest in going outside."

I can imagine that after being eviscerated by a racoon he wouldn't have much use for the great outdoors anymore.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Well today is Muffins big day! She gets her cataract surgery today on her left eye. I'll let you know how it turns out, fingers crossed! :tired:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just dropped her off at 9 AM, supposed to pick her up around 3. The Vet went through more ultrasound tests and gave his approval for surgery, now we wait! and wait! This morning she had 5 different eye drops in the left eye and one in the right. Plus, two pills! One an anti-bio and the other I can't even say what it is! :rolleyes2:

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD WISHES!!

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, all the best on her surgery.

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hope you did not have to wear too much of the eye drops. It was hard enough doing it on myself can not imagine doing drops on a dog or cat. A friend had to give his cat ear drops two or three times a day. Said they often went everywhere but in the cat's ears.
I presume Muffin will have to have an eye patch for a few days to stop her messing with the eye. I had one for the first 24 hours then at night for a couple of weeks.

David

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
David, Muffins surgery went well, it was a very long day for us and her. Two trips to Tulsa, 240 miles total, dropped her off at 9:30 AM, picked her up at 4:45 PM. She has to wear a fabric cone for 10 to 14 days, to protect her eyes. Amazingly, she slept like a log all night! Her left eye lid is a little swollen but that is supposedly normal. Have to take her back Wednesday morning for a checkup. Meds!? She has 5 bottles of different eye drops and three bottles of pills! The eye drops are pretty complicated to administer, as the times she gets them are different, and to add to the situation, the drops have to be given 5 minutes apart. The pet needs constant attention for at least the first 10 days, hard to do for someone who has to go to work. Cost would be a consideration for some, Muffins cost so far is, $3343.00! So far! ???

Had my eyes on another MGT series, but first things first! :encouragement:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Tom, the next 14 days will be a little abnormal but we'll get through it, we've had moments like this before and we survived! :encouragement: My wife and our other pup waited for me to bring Muffin out and the other pup, (Precious), went a little crazy when she saw Muffin, their pretty close. Big help for me is, my wife gives Muffin all her eye drops! :applause:

Muffin is very lucky to be with you!

Glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction.
Tom M.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Good to hear the surgery went well, I hope she recovers quickly.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
No eye patch David, just the cone , it's not a clear cone, made from fabric. She's getting accustomed to it somewhat. Funny what some animals do, she now/sometimes goes onto the powder room and "hides" from us on a rug! She faces away from the door, I guess she figures if she can't see us because of the cone, we can't find her! :highly_amused:

Does Muffin have an eye patch as well as the cone?

Good luck with the drops and pills.

David

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Paul, Muffin must think you are the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Just got back from the vet and he said Muffin can see in her left eye!! :encouragement: She was totally blind in that eye for over a year and now we can see she's adjusting to her new vision, which will improve with time as her eye lid will open farther when all the swelling is gone and certain eye drops are not needed anymore. :applause:

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
That is great news for both you and Muffin.

I know that my vision improved over a couple of weeks after the surgery on my left eye.

Hope things continue to go well.

David

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Glad to learn of the positive outcome, Paul. :thumbsup:

OP
PAUL161

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Doc, Needless to say it's been and still is a mind bending experience! It wouldn't be so tiring if the vet was closer, but we can't have everything.

Glad to learn of the positive outcome, Paul. :thumbsup: