• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

OK,..time for the interior!

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
LMAO Guys,

My sister gave me a leather helmet and goggle set for Christmas. I look like a crazy-person in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
That looks awsome Jerry! If nothing else you gotta get some staged pics wearing the goggles and helmet before the windscreen is installed. Maybe holding the end of a clear glass serving tray up over the dash so it looks like a Brookland wind-screen. that'd be classic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazyeyes.gif
Its like I told Jaybird, I don't condiser it a successfull day until someone calls me weird! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hiya All!

Thanks banjo! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
We'll see about the picture. lol

OK,..so not a ton to report, I put the lights and door seals on, antenna's on,..gas props are in for the bonnet and boot (they're nifty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

I covered the cockpit rail in autumn leaf,..the colors are gonna look great together.

I'm cooking for Easter (big Italian family),..so will not get more done til monday,..probably fit the moulding, and the vent windows and door windows,..looking to Weds for carpet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Heres a few shots with new chrome on, don't mind the dust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif :

fitfr1.jpg

fitrear.jpg

fitside2.jpg

All for now!

Happy Easter!

Jerry

77MidgetMkIV

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Looks great Jerry-you are going to have a sweet ride when you are finished!

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hi All,

Time for a silly question:

There is a strip of black vinyl that runs between the dash and the windscreen. (the defogger vents, VIN plate and windshield support all attach to it)

Mine has disintegrated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Is there a special material that I should cut to replace it?
Will heavy-duty vinyl from the fabric store be suitable?

Thanks!
Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom Rynne

Jerry, the fabric store vinyl should work fine as long as the embossed grain is similar to the original and the material has a similar sheen. I'd look at an upholstery shop as auto type vinyls will withstand UV better. Fabric store stuff might not???

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

Jaybird,..How can you hate chocolate?!?!?!,..lol,..Oh well,..all the more for ME! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Nunyas,...lol @ the "Jerry Springer" comment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry

[/ QUOTE ]

I will validate that chokealot statement by saying I love WHITE chocolate.

And if you see me on Springer, Nunyas, I guarantee it won't be 'women who hate chocolate.' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Jerry. How's it going?

Pics?

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO Guys,

My sister gave me a leather helmet and goggle set for Christmas. I look like a crazy-person in it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that I'm doubting anything you said
goodevil.gif

- but -

PICTURES!

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hiya All!

markfitz- Thanks! I'm really looking forward to the summer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tom-,..I got some black vinyl from a car upholstery shop,..Thanks for the idea!

Jaybird- Missed ya!, Glad you got your comp fixed!
Things are going strong at the shop,..windshield goes on tomorrow, carpet and interior panels in on thursday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

They cleaned up my old bumpers really nicely, so much so that I'm not gonna bother painting them black,..just condition the existing rubber.

I'm waiting til tomorrow to take some more pics.

As far as a pic of me in a helmet and goggles,..hmmmm,...
Let me think on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL

Jerry

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]

As far as a pic of me in a helmet and goggles,..hmmmm,...
Let me think on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Time's up!
tease.gif

Wistaguy76

Freshman Member
Jerry, You have just inspired me to get going. It's been a long winter here in New England, and your pictures are just the kick I need to get off the sofa and out into the garage.
What color blue is that? It's beautiful. Thanks, Wistaguy76

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hiya wistaguy76,

Welcome to the forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
You've found a great place,..lots of really fun, helpful people here!

It has been a really long winter here,..but todays rain just got rid of the last of my snow! Yippee!

Thank You,..I'm glad you like the pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The color is Astral Blue Metallic,..a Rover blue from 1975. I really love it.

Cheers!
Jerry

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hi All,

Things have been super-busy at work,..which is good cause I have to pay for the car now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I still haven't gotten to the interior /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif LOL

Tomorrow the carpeting goes in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We fit the new vinyl for in front of the dash today, and will do final install of the windshield and door windows, tomorrow too.

All of the chrome is now installed. the old bumpers cleaned up really nicely. They'll be shined when we detail it, after the under-coating is applied.

Here's a current pic, it's the best I could get, we're in a tight corner of the bodyshop now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

chrome.jpg

All for now.

Hope you're all having the same nice spring days that we're having here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Jerry

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
oh yeah, we're having beautiful driving weather out here right now. Too bad i have to work through most of them. heh.

em754

Looks terrific, had my reservations early on, but now i see it nearly complete, i love it!!!!!!

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Morning All!

I'm on my way to the shop to finsh off the carpeting and hopefully get the seats back in. Gorgeous day around here, and it would do me a world of good to be able to sit in the car for a bit :p

I may even push her out into the sun!
I had some great news from my mechanic, he's just about finished with the engine, so if all goes well, I'll have it to him by the end of next week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I may be driving sooner than I'd thought! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Nunyas- Glad your having nice weather, hope your schedule eases a bit so that you can enjoy it more!

em754- Thanks, I'm really loving it now too.
And believe me...I was having reservations about it for a while too! LOL

All for now!

Have a great weekend!

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
Seats in?

Radford

Jedi Knight
Looking good, and just in time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Glad to hear about your bumpers polishing up.

OP
jerryrosa

jerryrosa

Jedi Trainee
Hiya all!

Ok,..so I'm slacking a bit here. I ALMOST made to the shop over the weekend,..but was coerced into seeing "Sin City" and going out to the pub instead! (My arm still hurts from all the twisting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif lol)

Sooo,..here's the story this week.

I'm being evicted from the bodyshop (heeheehee,..it's about time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )
So,..I've installed the panels and trim,..insulation is down and I've laid out the carpet set (just needs to be glued and tacked) I love the Autumn Leaf and Brown with the blue. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
I will finish the interior at the mechanic's shop,...while we put the guts back in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

panel.jpg

int.jpg

jaybird- No,..the seats will go in next week,..I've decided to wire the stereo/speakers while installing the carpeting. (I have a sneaking suspicion that the main reason you're asking about the seats, is so I'll have no excuse to put off taking that picture with the snoopy goggles /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif)

Radford, Thanks...I'm counting the seconds til she'll be running,..I can barely stand it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

All for now!

Jerry