Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Does anyone know where I can get a new oil pressure line for my 948? The line runs from the combination gauge to the engine block, has fittings on both ends, and appears to have an inside diameter of 1/16 inch. Thanks.....
Folks in the past have discussed going to one of the chain parts stores, buying one of their universal oil pressure gauge kits for a small $ amount and using the line contained within the kit and fittings and throwing the rest away. A simple and easy fix. Have not looked into this myself so YMMV.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried to replace the unobtanium guage hose with a section of good used brake hose? Seems as though it should work unless the hose bore is closed up.
Copper or plastic line is supplied with the present aftermarket gauges, don't know if I would want the life of my engine relying on rubber hose. The plastic can eventually crack as with copper, but you will notice it hopefully before a real failure. Rubber, even though impervious to brake fluid does not have the continuous pressure the oil line does.
Personally I trust the original steel line and factory rubber hose far more than the plastic line used on aftermarket guages. A section of brake hose would definelty stand up to the pressure and I may try it the next time I need one. I've had a rubber hose poorly fitted by a DPO let go and it doesn't take long to pump all the engine oil out. Fortunatly I was in the process of parking the car and a fellow noticed the puddle of oil and alerted me to it so no engine damage but what a mess under the hood!!
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.