Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Haven't read the list yet. I assume you posted there?
Did you get a response.
Where's Randy when you need him.I think he recently did this
Do you have the Wedge list search site?
I did get confirmation off list that the bearing is correct. Now just need to decide if I can rotate the compressor up enough to get to the front. Given the $40/lb that Randall quoted, $175 isn't out of line for an evacuation/refill (the system take 3 lbs). But if I don't need to spend that, all the better.
I also found that I can do an interchange search on napaonline, and using the original part number I came up with:
We really need an updated version on the whole A/C system.
I re-did mine but a leaky hose left us without the 134 in the system over the winter. Found a set of new hoses, but have not found a place to build a copy cat set for me.
I really like originality, but there has to be a near stock A/C compressor that works better with the 134 and is easier on the engine. I have not heard of a Porsche version but would love to know more.
There would be certain amount of deceptive pride in installing a Porsche part on my TR8 Heck I have the Porsche fans on the shelf waiting to go in already!
Has the TR8 newsletter published a recent, comprehensive rebuild on this system?
Naw, I think I'm good. I was thinking it might be a good place to Randy to get his hoses made.
I'm not in any particular hurry to get my A/C running again, though that may change once it starts raining, depending on the performance of the demising system.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.