• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Shoes, New Shoes Bugsy got to show off his new shoes today.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Spent Friday night in the garage and resolved the front wheel stud issue. Needed to change the front Wheel Studs to 1.5" and still use a 1/8" wheel spacer, thanks Trevor, and in the rear go to a 2" Wheel Spacer to get the wheels to fit securely. I cured a rubbing brake drum against the back plate issue this AM with some deft work with my new Angle Grinder. After 10 years I wore out the $14.95 HF Angle Grinder. New Press I bought for my birthday made very short work of pressing in wheel studs. All taken care of Bugsy went for a serious romp om the back 2 lane roads with lots or curvy stuff to test out the new wheels and tires. Nexxen 175/70/13 tires from WalMart. UTOQ of 440 not the softest but with 22 F and 24 R they stick like glue and I like the stance. Bugsy has 15 Leaf OEM Springs and new BE Coils up front. Stock ride height. The 70 series fills up the wheel wells quite nicely and on a BE no rubbing. View attachment 49986View attachment 49987View attachment 49988View attachment 49989

A fabulous sunny, 80 degree day. A fun afternoon so far and now I get to go take some grandkids for a ride. New Shoes, New Shoes Bugsy has new shoes.

PS Next up fitting forward tilt and Speed Hut Gauges - would be nice to know how fast I'm going and rpms on this little 948 w Cooper S Head that likes to rev like crazy. New Shifter from Gerard is on the way and 5 Speed and 1,326 Engine fitting will commence shortly. For now I get to enjoy the new ride for a few weeks. Late Fall all apart, on rotisserie, and OEW Paint, or I'm suddenly having thoughts about Plale Primrose and a Cherry Red Interior and a Red Tonneau / Top.

Country flag
Just remember to air the tires up a few pounds if you are going to be carving corners... sidewalls don't hold the road too well :smile:

OP
Jim_Gruber

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
What pressures F & R?

Country flag
It depends on the stiffness of the side wall, spring rate and sway bar. If I were going to guess, I'd say 28 in the front and 26 in the rear.

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
So glad to see Bugsy on all fours and out in the sunlight! Jim, those new shoes look great with those wheels...enjoy!
Rut