• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member MGB in Fairhope, AL

Grodmans

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hello All,

I have recently acquired a 1969 MGB Roadster (the racing green of course) which has been my desire for as long as I can remember. I am not entirely new to British autos as I had a 1959 Rover 90 in the 70’s; positive ground and Whitworth all around. It seemed to be old to me then but now that I have gained ownership of the ’69 MG, it is definitely a deeper jump into the past; it’s all relative, no?

The MG is in pretty good shape, all things considered, but I bought it sight unseen and was lead to believe it was in better nick than it is; perhaps that was my erroneous supposition. That being said, I am happy nonetheless and look forward to the enjoyable pastime of messing about with all aspects and parts of my new preoccupation.

Though it has been some time since getting my “hands on”, I am quite adept in the mechanical and electrical realm of vehicles and having found this site, will be searching for and posting inquires for solutions, methods and sources to issues as I encounter them; the first of which being, the Smiths speedo.

I look forward to gaining the knowledge of fellow members and in contributing as I can for the benefit of others.

Gil

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome and I suspect many have purchased cars that were represented as being better than they were

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Welcome!
Keep us posted of your progress in the MG forum.