• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New Member here anxious to get involved

JamesP

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
And a very hearty "Hello how are you"
James Patterson here (and no, I am not a prolific writer); currently a semi-retired Business owner/manager and Engineer.

I owned and drove at TR4A in the 70's and loved that car; I use to autocross it at BYU/ UofU events in the early 70's. Deciding to get married while still in college required that I sell it to make end meet but I always said I would own another someday. This January I literally stumbled across a 1976 TR6 for sale; 24,500 documented miles but not even awake yet from a 30 year plus sleep. Of course, I bought it and brought it home.

Over the past 10 weeks I have been giving the old girl a lot of attention. Went through the brakes, new shocks, rebuilt sway bar, went through radiator, new hoses, plugs, plug wires, drain and replace fluids, new tires, etc. Readers here will almost certainly know the routine. This past week I licensed and insured it and at this writing have now driven approximately 80 miles; enough to get pulled over by local police because my temporary tag had fallen out of the rear window AND they wanted to check out the car; very friendly and excited 'old car' fans.

I have a list of things remaining to do but primarily at this point I am going to drive the 'old girl' gently and pay attention to what she has to tell me. I am a fairly adept amateur mechanic but I am looking for some sources of expertise outside of my own limited skill set. First I need a carburetor rebuild/ tune (two carbs actually); the engine runs quite well but I believe it to be running rich.

Anyway that is a brief note of why I am here; I hope to participate insome activities as time goes on,

James P.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Welcome abiard!

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Welcome James. (y)

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Welcome aboard, James! Happy to have you aboard and thanks for becoming a supporting member - much appreciated!