• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Midget Mk I/Sprite Mk II hardtop available

OP
PSJ

PSJ

Oops - sorry for the mis-post. Anyways, it's a factory hardtop; needs paint and seals; "glass" is present and usable. I'm in Seattle, WA; and am more interested in it going to a good home than the price. I'm not prepared to hassle with packaging and shipping. Anyone interested? Let me know at philip(dot)s(dot)jones(at)comcast(dot)net.

Thanks!

Phil

paulsherman

Jedi Trainee
ED:
Sneak it onto a Boeing truck in Seattle and give it a 787 part number. After all it is 'glass. Should match up just fine.

RickB

Yoda
I could bring my MK2 Sprite over on 10/1 and see if it fits.
(that's the date of our next NOS HIT right?)

Maybe someone there could help me with MK2 Sprite dash wiring.
I wanted to bring the green one over though, it has more serious needs.

Maybe there's a way to get both cars there, I'll see if SWMBO wants to join in and spend the day with a bunch of crazy car guys.

:smile:

mightymidget

Jedi Knight
which years fit which cars. I have a bugeye I want a hard top for, used or new if new hardtops are available.

OP
PSJ

PSJ

Hi all!

BillM - Here's my understanding: I think that there were three fitments for hardtops for the Spridget series. First the Bugeye, which had a unique rear deck profile; then the MkII Sprite/MkI Midget, which, for some reason, has little "notches" at the belt-line, just behind the door, about 6 inches long. Then there's "everything else", which is the same as the MkII Sprite/MkI Midget, but without the little notches. So based on that (perhaps incorrect) understanding, this one fits everything after the Bugeye, but is only "correct" for the MkII Sprite/MkI Midget.

Mighty - I don't think it would work for the bugeye, due to the different profile on the rear deck.

Rick - It should be great on your MkII Sprite, though, Rick! For you I make an especial price. And 10/01 is the date! See you then.

Phil

RickB

Yoda
I've tried a couple Bugeye hardtops on my MK2 and they didn't fit.
It would be interesting to get this defined.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]Rick! For you I make an especial price[/QUOTE]

uh oh...

:jester:

RickB

Yoda
Or...

Phil, you could buy my MK2 Sprite for your hardtop!!

Pythias

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Phil, you're close, but not quite. The one with the "notches" is for a Mark III Sprite/ Mk II Midget, 1964-1966, the first of the roll up window cars. 1967's onward take the top like yours. I thought that BE's fit the MK I Midgets with side curtains, but Rick is saying otherwise, though I <span style="font-style: italic">think</span> there are "long" and "short" versions of BE tops.

RickB

Yoda
I have tried a long and a short version and neither was "right".
Both the ones I tried were aftermarket non standard BE tops so that probably has a lot to do with it.