Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
<span style="color: #990000">It's rainy today so I'm reading my new books.
My goodness !! I had no idea my oil pump also has
critical end float requirements.
I am now totally puzzled and boggled between crankshaft bearings and
trust washers and cam shaft end floats and rocker arm float.
But lots of really good info in those books. I'm
beginning to understand why my car broke down every 5 to 7 miles.
Too much duct tape and chewing gum as repair materials.
I didn't say: piston ring groove clearance or con rod small end bushing wear, or water pump vane-to-housing tolerance, or, or...
That thing will likely run for years more. Tractor engine. Regular oil changes and P.M. on it are about all he should worry over. Anything else is creating "what if" scenerios totally unsupported by facts as we know 'em.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.