• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's Friday - One Hit Wonder Day [Actually Sept 25]

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Bas, I met Micheal Martin Murphey twice in my life. My uncle was one of his fiddle players for a number of years, when Murph played Austin City Limits up in OKC I met him for the first time and when the Medicine Park Music Hall opened he was their first performer. In this one you can see my uncle, David Coe, with the fiddle in the blue shirt, the video is from Austin City Limits.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I'm friends with and used to work with the guy that wrote this song, Phil Sampson. Pretty decent song, I believe it was T.G. Sheppard's only #1.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hardly one hit wonders but it hit me listening to all the above!

And another in the same vein:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Wow, Doc "I'll take obscure songs I've never heard before," for $600, Alex!
Some how I've gone all these years and never heard either of those tunes until today.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Try a group from Virginia then!

These guys were big in the Hampton Roads area in the early '70's:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
And the ever obscure:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
"The moon was a drip on a black hood".....

Beats Meatloaf hands down!

:smirk:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Herman's Hermits were popular when I was just getting old enough to notice music, I remember "no milk today", very catchy, happy music, when I heard their first song something told me I was into something good.

Last edited:
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
and of course:

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
One more
I don't know how I forgot this one, they were from my hometown, Lincoln, NE, and the Zager of Zager and Evans went on to teach guitar lessons, including teaching my dad. According to Wiki they are the king of one hit wonders, topping the charts in both England and the USA, and never appearing on the top 100 of either chart again.

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ah, "In the Year 2525"... we thought that was so cool back then. I had the 45 of it!!! :eek: