• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

It's Friday - One Hit Wonder Day [Actually Sept 25]

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
excellent choice (just reminded me of sitting up really late (I am not a night person!) to watch Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert which was the closest you got to real rock concerts growing up in belleville in the 70's)

Two 'driving songs'

Golden Earring were from Holland which I found amazingly cool for some reason.

Always likes Kraftwerk - and when we went camping at Outlet Provincial Park there was a general store/ ice cream shop with a few pinball machines and a juke box. bizarrely they had autobahn on it. 3 plays for a quarter.

edit: somehow missed the Kraftwerk video

Last edited:

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Posting YouTube videos: Click on the "Insert Video" icon in the editor menu (looks like strip of film). Then Past the YouTube URL into the popup window.

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Wow - I just watched every one of the videos. I was 20 again.

(And being 20 was a very dangerous time ...)

And remembering, Tom at 20 makes him more likely the SUBJECT of the song! :devilgrin:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I should send this to a friend of mine... he could benefit from it :encouragement:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Posting YouTube videos: Click on the "Insert Video" icon in the editor menu (looks like strip of film). Then Past the YouTube URL into the popup window.

And don't forget to delete the "s" of the "https" (or, I think, one will only get a link and not a preview).

Basil

Administrator
Boss
And don't forget to delete the "s" of the "https" (or, I think, one will only get a link and not a preview).

Actually now that Iโ€™m running fully secured (see little pad lock in address bar?) that is no longer necessary. You can use the full https address now)

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
One more, just for fun ("Afternoon Delight" prompted this'un)

glemon

Yoda
Country flag

That is what I am doing, but I still get a link inserted and not embedded, but at least the link works.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
And remembering, Tom at 20 makes him more likely the SUBJECT of the song! :devilgrin:

"He got a big ugly club and a head fulla hair (Alley Oop, oop, oop-oop)"

nope - head fulla hair rules me out for sure!

But I did write my senior thesis on slabs of stone ...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
That is what I am doing, but I still get a link inserted and not embedded, but at least the link works.

hmmm - Where do you get the YouTube link that you're posting? From the URL at the top of the page? or from the "Share" icon under the video?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
was telling a friend about this and he instantly came up with this:

Country flag
Wipeout

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold