Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
You do realize there are petcock drains on the side of the block!!!! No need to change the pushrods. Keep the lifters in order if you are reusing them and the cam. Inspect them well. Seeing wear on ones with very low miles when running heads with extra spring pressure on the valves.
I was just putting newspaper under the pass. side petcock for my drain pan when for some reason I changed directions and, Oh I remember. When I put the paper under neath I saw coolant slowly running down the back of the engine so I went to see what was up and I lifted the head up a bit.
DOH
I remember those day well. All too well, which is why I don't do this anymore.
Many pieces of cardboard with holes for rods passed through my oily fingers.
It's nice that you marked the front. I've done it several times and forgot. Luckily I had bent push rods when I did that, so it was easy to trace back which side was which as soon as I discovered the error. But if they weren't bent.....
Right after that I went into the Recycling container to fish out some newspaper. I had just tossed all I had in it and it was at the street too.
Looked like a homeless guy,prolly
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.