• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I’m David from Montana

Montana Dave

Freshman Member
Country flag
I’m 61 years old living in Montana .
I traded labor for my gt6 12 years ago. It’s been in my junk yard buried. Until my recent clean up it’s still in restorable condition. No rust needs body work. It popped 12 years ago but carbs were leaking.
I’m collecting parts needed to begin.
I’m pretty excited it should come together pretty quick.
Thanks for your interest.
David,

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Hi Dave, thanks for posting and intro! I lived in Great Falls for almost 7 years. That’s where I bought a new Spitfire in 77.
Welcome to BCF!

OP
Montana Dave

Montana Dave

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi Dave, thanks for posting and intro! I lived in Great Falls for almost 7 years. That’s where I bought a new Spitfire in 77.
Welcome to BCF!
Very cool, may I assume you are in UK ? My brother had a tr6 when I was young I never got over it then he bought a new 240z so he helped bury the Gt’s ?

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Very cool, may I assume you are in UK ? My brother had a tr6 when I was young I never got over it then he bought a new 240z so he helped bury the Gt’s ?
No, I’m retired in New Mexico. I was in the USAF and stationed at Malmstrom AFB (NORAD) 73-79. Any pictures of your GT6?

OP
Montana Dave

Montana Dave

Freshman Member
Country flag
Three forks is north west of Bozeman. I’m trying to post pictures to show progress just for fun. But I’m having trouble when I attach files it says there to large.
But I’m only trying with pictures not video?
I’ve been to the base in great falls
(Were you there when the ufo were there)😉

OP
Montana Dave

Montana Dave

Freshman Member
Country flag
Three forks is north west of Bozeman. I’m trying to post pictures to show progress just for fun. But I’m having trouble when I attach files it says there to large.

Attachments

• 22CAA468-FA9D-4DED-AEDD-86E4270F14B5.png
    22CAA468-FA9D-4DED-AEDD-86E4270F14B5.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 29

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Images must have a file size no greater than 3MB in order to upload them. You should be able to make a copy of your image(s) and most image viewing programs have the capability to reduce the size. Normally, a .jpg image that is no larger than 1024 pixels on the long side will be small enough in file size to work.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Hi Dave - welcome to BCF.

If you're a Windows computer guy, just open the image using Paint, and click the Resize button in the upper left corner. Experiment, using "Save As", until you find the new size you need.

Basil can fill you in on Mac computer methods.
Tom M.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
If on a Mac, open with Preview. Go to File >> Duplicate to make a copy so you're not affecting the original image. Then Tools >> Resize and set the dimensions so that the long side is 1024 pixels. This will tell you what the resulting file size will be. Anything under 3 MB is good.

dpsmgb

Country flag
I’m 61 years old living in Montana .
I traded labor for my gt6 12 years ago. It’s been in my junk yard buried. Until my recent clean up it’s still in restorable condition. No rust needs body work. It popped 12 years ago but carbs were leaking.
I’m collecting parts needed to begin.
I’m pretty excited it should come together pretty quick.
Thanks for your interest.
David,
Love the GT6..can’t wait to see your progress

OP
Montana Dave

Montana Dave

Freshman Member
Country flag
If on a Mac, open with Preview. Go to File >> Duplicate to make a copy so you're not affecting the original image. Then Tools >> Resize and set the dimensions so that the long side is 1024 pixels. This will tell you what the resulting file size will be. Anything under 3 MB is good.
Oh my I do everything from my iPhone
I have found the missing parts for the gt I haven’t been so excited about a project for ever

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I am doing a GT 6 also have a parts car about all striped. And a would be driver if it had a battery and good tires and head lamps replaced. but it is running 100 deg in the Reno NV area so on hold. My TR6 is done. 1973 Need some thing I may have help.

Attachments

• DSCF2416 - Copy.JPG
    DSCF2416 - Copy.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 20