• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to deal with long lines during COVID:

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Toilet paper... This bug is an upper respiratory thing, why the run on toilet paper? Is there some 'net video showing how to make breathing filters using TP?!?

After learning breathing masks were in short supply, Mitsy suggested substituting two rubber bands and a coffee filter. :smirk:

apparently a rumour that TP rolls (the centre roll) came from China - completely unfounded. On the radio yesterday they noted that the average home uses 100 rolls of TP a year - even double that... Yesterday my mother was lamenting the loss of paper catalogues, noting that during the war (in Holland) they had a hook in the bathroom with squares of newspaper.

OTOH Mitsy is right on the money....

2d8b88ad8c62.jpg

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
If TP is unobtainable you can always get two $5 for a $10 :greedy_dollars:

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Toilet paper... This bug is an upper respiratory thing, why the run on toilet paper? Is there some 'net video showing how to make breathing filters using TP?!?

Reminds me of us New Englanders preparing for a hurricane. Race to the stores and buy as much milk, bread, and eggs as possible. (Must be a french toast festival ...)

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
waiting.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just finished my second 12 hour shift in the last two days.
People are really nuts ( & rude).Sold out of milk & eggs,& tp.

I don't know how many people would ask,after seeing the empty
milk cases "Have you got any milk?".

"No,we pulled it all off the shelf,right before you came in",is what I
would have like to said.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I just finished my second 12 hour shift in the last two days.
People are really nuts ( & rude).Sold out of milk & eggs,& tp.

I don't know how many people would ask,after seeing the empty
milk cases "Have you got any milk?".

"No,we pulled it all off the shelf,right before you came in",is what I
would have like to said.

"What's your last name?"

"Smith"

"I'm sorry, we have already sold our daily allotment for last names staring with 'S' today."

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
The madness has finally migrated to mid-state Florida. Events cancelled, schools closed, pooper-paper no where to be seen. Abundance of caution? Asymptomatic folks DEMANDING tests, it's nuts. Would hate to be a clinician just now.

Country flag
Went to do my normal shopping last Friday after work. Hit 3 different stores and found some of what I normally buy. Meat, bread, diary were stripped to bare shelves/cases. Canned and frozen goods not much better. Then Sunday went to get a couple birthday cards and on the way out there was some guy on his phone I passed who was telling someone he'd not even gotten half what was on his list, yet between the several carts he has he'd spent over $1,000 and was headed somewhere else to keep trying. Now I will admit to having a bit more than normal around the house, but I'm not panic buying. No need for that yet I see. But the stores here looked like those pictures we used to see of Soviet stores with a few items and empty shelving.

My brother who teaches music at a high school is trying to figure out how to hold rehearsals over the net with all the kids participating from their homes. I gather the administration, while closing the buildings for the rest of the year, want to try to complete 2019/2020 this way.

Bars/restaurants in OH closed with only carryout/delivery perhaps until mid May according to the news reports this morning. They haven't closed my office yet, but the place is a ghost town so far today.

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
poker.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
With that hand ("full house") he's gonna wipe that other guy...

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Here in Arizona the governor wants to shut the place down for as long as eight weeks. I think most places are considering two weeks or to the end of the month then revi. Schools closed, churches closed, even the local movie theater chain is closing until the end of the month. The recommendation said avoid groups of fifty or more - another theater has several small theaters with a capacity of forty-nine people. Maybe I can catch up on the movies I have missed due to attending the things that are now closed. T.T.