• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to deal with long lines during COVID:

• Thread starter Deleted member 8987
  • Start date
Country flag
Here in OH we got word last night that they're restricting entry to the nursing facility my mom is in. Not unexpected and for the best of the residents since its started showing up in areas of the state as well as the bordering ones. Like everyone else, hope for the best and be prudent.

Basil

Administrator
Boss
precious.jpg

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Latest, 21 days, if it doesn't stop, locking the entire state down...nobody in, nobody out.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Without clear lines of contagion, that seems to be the best next step for tamping it down.

Wouldn't want to be a clinician in Seattle just now.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I just called off my trip on Friday to visit my son in Boston. Tried calling American Airlines and the message was that there was a 2.5 hour hold to speak with someone. Bad..... very bad. :sorrow:

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
NBA and NHL have both suspended their seasons. I saw some NASCAR race is being held with no spectators. I think the Big 12 basketball tournament is also no spectators.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

The State of Oregon has now banned all gatherings of 250 people or more. Whole state.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
The State of Oregon has now banned all gatherings of 250 people or more. Whole state.

We're still going out to dinner tonight. :wink-new:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
As long as you're not bringing 248 more folks with you.....!

Actually, it has occurred to me that the restaurant could be pushing that number (but I don't know, and doubt it). Will have to call and see.

We just received word that the Oregon Symphony is calling off all concerts until April 6th (even offering refunds, which is going to be a budget-buster for them).

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
I'm not even going to TOUCH this left-over food.

last supper.jpg

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
sisyphus.jpg

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
At work today(Kroger),there was a run on toilet paper.
Shelves are empty,so people were stocking up on paper towels.
The place was a madhouse.

"PSSSST - Buddy,want to buy some vintage '19 Charmin?".

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Saw the same thing (with paper-towels). Nuts.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Governor and state health dept just closed all public schools for the next 2 weeks here in UT. We're nowhere near Washington's situation, but we have seen our first case of community spread infection and some other confirmed cases. The town I work in is a big ski and tourist community, so lots of opportunity for contact.

I run the tech department at a public district here in UT, and it's been crazy. We feel reasonably prepared to support our students (staff are still working at this point) but it will be a nutty time for sure. The big test comes Monday, plans are in place, now we see how how it goes. And you know what they say about plans and the first joining of battle...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Toilet paper... This bug is an upper respiratory thing, why the run on toilet paper? Is there some 'net video showing how to make breathing filters using TP?!?

After learning breathing masks were in short supply, Mitsy suggested substituting two rubber bands and a coffee filter. :smirk:

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

The panic created by various news outlets about quarantine, the failure of infrastructure...folks are loading up.
Paper towels, TP (In fact, I heard today you go to Costco, they drop a case of TP in your cart as you walk into the store. You cannot pick it up yourself, not buy everything on the shelves...one case per).
Masks and sanitizer...omg.....gotta buy it ALL. News had to tell folks to quit, as the supply for medical workers who actually NEED the stuff was drying up.

Apparently masks do zero good for the man on the street.

We cannot find hand sanitizer.....until I remembered a BIG pump bottle in the shop, covered in dust. We're set.