Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I've used all three and my preference is for the solid mount. It improves the steering response and with no undue road shock back through the steering wheel (as is warned by some parts suppliers). Plus it's much easier to install than that spreading process that's needed with the rubber or poly bushings.
I had a hard time fitting poly bushings using the original mounting. They seemed too big and wouldn't compress enough to get the mounts right. So I gave up and replaced them with Goodparts aluminum. This is on my project so I haven't driven it yet.
I had poly bushings on the 6 for several years before they wore out. I was disappointed in their durability. Replaced them with GP aluminium ones. I would never consider going back to soft ones.
I went the other direction. My car had the aluminum mounts when I bought it. I could feel every bump thru the steering wheel. I switched to the poly and have been pleased with them. A solid feel, but not as rough on the bumps.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.