• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hobbies we had as kids

Dee

Country flag
For Christmas ‘61 or ‘62 I got a Strombecker Slot car track and nearly wore it out. 1964 discovered the first of two commercial tracks had appeared in downtown Lincoln, never looked back. Shortly after the commercial tracks disappeared I was able to build my first basement track, and now I have two of them.
#1. Some cars
#2. New track
#3. First track

Attachments

• A442D673-6B42-4607-8C9B-309F15360E3D.jpg
    A442D673-6B42-4607-8C9B-309F15360E3D.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 9B15319B-995B-4283-A05B-16A6ED831195.jpg
    9B15319B-995B-4283-A05B-16A6ED831195.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 07731564-ED74-484E-94EF-BAC223727D1F.jpg
    07731564-ED74-484E-94EF-BAC223727D1F.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 40

Harryberry

Freshman Member
Country flag
Besides cars, when I was a child, I started doing origami. My dad folded figures out of paper; I really liked it. I took a closer look at origami in high school when the local origami club began to actively develop. I was deeply interested in origami and in the whole Japanese culture. I learned Japanese, and now I teach it at the university.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hello Harryberry... I see you just made your first post.... Welcome to the British Car Forum!

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Besides cars, when I was a child, I started doing origami. My dad folded figures out of paper; I really liked it. I took a closer look at origami in high school when the local origami club began to actively develop. I was deeply interested in origami and in the whole Japanese culture. I learned Japanese, and now I teach it at the university.
Origami! Wow... you don't see that every day. My dad gave me a book on it when I was very little (that he brought back from Japan - it's a large format book), and I could NEVER figure out how to do 90% of them. 😃

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag

Gliderman8,​

It's spring! Have you flown that bad boy yet?

.... Funny how nostalgic we are for these hobbies, completely forgetting the reason most of us gave them up. 😁

:cheers:
But I totally remember being too broke to keep feeding hobbies? :rolleyes:

I did take couple of the girls I dated out to rocket launches. They always said I was a hopeless romantic. Or maybe they said I was just hopeless. It's been a while.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
For me, the drone (and associated videography) is back in the air.

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Gliderman8,​

It's spring! Have you flown that bad boy yet?
Not gotten them in the air yet. I'm planning on launching them with my two grandkids. They live in Boston so either the next trip to Beantown or when they get down here to PA. Launch time: T minus trip to Boston :D

OP
Gliderman8

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Origami! Wow... you don't see that every day. My dad gave me a book on it when I was very little (that he brought back from Japan - it's a large format book), and I could NEVER figure out how to do 90% of them. 😃
Too much paperwork for me :p