• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi From Upstate California

ccgunn

Freshman Member
Country flag
Thank you for accepting me as a new member. By way of introduction, let me say that I have had a "love affair" with British vehicles for quite some time; although, daily living has prevented me from being as active as I'd like.

I started in 1970, after I returned from an all expense paid tour to SE Asia, courtesy of the US Army. I acquired 2 Jaguar Mk IXs as a 2d and 3rd car. I kept all of the parts I needed to make 1 complete car, and sold the other to a rock band for what I had paid for both. I thought that was a pretty good deal! I drove the Jag for a couple of years, and having been towing it around since then. I still have it, and the extra parts.

About 1985 I acquired a 1954 TR2 longdoor in a land trade. I drove it for a couple of years, and then parked it when the brakes went out. I then proceeded to raise kids. I have 5. I started a restoration about 2002, and completed it a couple of years later. I attended several Triumph and British car events throughout central and northern California. My last rallye was through Lassen National Park in 2011. Upon my return, I noticed that the right rear wheel was leaking oil badly. I took both wheels off and replaced both oil seals. That just caused both rear wheels to leak. It then sat until just recently, due to some health problems. Unfortunately, when I parked it, I had no idea how long, so it sat with a tank full of gas. I am now trying to freshen up all of the systems (fuel, brakes, electrical, cooling, etc), plus fix the leaky rear wheels. So, I am in the process of pulling the axles and wheel bearings, and trying to figure out what went wrong. I will post some particulars in the Triumph forum.

In the meantime, as I remember, I do try to document my work on the "2". I upload my pics to my Flickr account, in an album named "TR2". Here's the link, if you are curious:

All of the pics should be marked for public viewing, so you shouldn't have any problems.

Again, thank you, David

OP
C

ccgunn

Freshman Member
Country flag
I forgot about one more LBV that I have acquired: a 1968 1/2 Royal Enfield Interceptor motorcycle. Still working on it, but it is beautiful. :smile:

David

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
welcome - love all these cars and an Enfield is a very special bike!

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Hello David

Welcome to the forum.

Very nice TR2.
I notice you must have changed the front brakes to discs at some point. Did you do the paintwork your self?

David