• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hi, from Jack

Austin66

Freshman Member
Country flag
Hi, I am Jack and live in Long Beach CA. I am the new owner of a 1966 Austin Healey 3000 MK III BJ Phase II, left hand drive. Originally, the car, manufactured in 1965, was destined to go to Germany. It eventually it made its way to Florida where it underwent a body off restoration. I purchased the car from an owner in Texas and had it shipped to Calif. The car is in excellent condition and needs very little restoration. The car is equipped with power steering and air conditioning. Unfortunately, the AC is not currently working until I trace down an electrical issue. In my spare time I build model ships, mostly of wood.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Jack - welcome to BCF

I'd say your AH 3000 is quite a traveler! How 'bout posting a few photos - car *and* your model ships!

Good to have you with us.
Tom M.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
As Tom says would love to see pics of the ships and the car. welcome!

OP
A

Austin66

Freshman Member
Country flag
Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of town.

Here are pictures of the car and two boats I built.

The first boat is a model of a 1954 63" Chris Craft (you might note the Titanic model on the wall that I built). The model has a full lighted interior with parts made on a 3D printer. I included a picture of one of the staterooms. If you enlarge the picture you might note the Playboy on the nightstand.

The other boat is an RC tug I built. It has smoke, lights and working fire cannons . The fire cannons shoot about 15-20 feet

Attachments

• AH Pic.jpg
    AH Pic.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 10
  • AH Engine.jpg
    AH Engine.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Chris Craft.jpg
    Chris Craft.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Chis Craft Stateroom.jpg
    Chis Craft Stateroom.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Tugboat.JPEG
    Tugboat.JPEG
    127.3 KB · Views: 10

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
gorgeous! are they scratch built? (I note the 3D printing but is that adding details)

OP
A

Austin66

Freshman Member
Country flag
For the most part, they are kits that are heavily “bashed”. I tend to research each ship and add details like interiors , safety equipment, signage etc. With the Chris Craft, I designed mid-century furniture to fit the 50’s . This included a tiki bar and lava lamp on the aft deck and, in the main salon, a boomerang coffee table complete with a Life magazine featuring Jackie Robinson. The furniture, glasses, soap dishes, etc were all made on a 3D printer

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
For the most part, they are kits that are heavily “bashed”. I tend to research each ship and add details like interiors , safety equipment, signage etc. With the Chris Craft, I designed mid-century furniture to fit the 50’s . This included a tiki bar and lava lamp on the aft deck and, in the main salon, a boomerang coffee table complete with a Life magazine featuring Jackie Robinson. The furniture, glasses, soap dishes, etc were all made on a 3D printer
very cool! thanks for this