Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
I would assume a speaker for a radio. My son's '58 TR3A has the same type of hole there. On his car the hole is very well finished and must have been factory cut, or perhaps on arrival in the US for a optional radio install.
It`s a pretty good sized hole, 6 & 3/4 dia. Looking through that hole what you see is the inside of the right front fender. I would think a speaker there would stand a good possibility of getting wet. I didn`t take that part of the car apart so I have no clue how it is supposed to be! AND I have nothing in my parts pile that apperas to fit in or over the hole.
I guess if no one has a better idea, I will manufacture a cover and rubber gasket then bolt it on to cover the hole up.
I plan to have an upholstery piece made to go on the bulkhead sides and don`t want them getting wet.
BTW there is NO hole on the left side.
Same hole on mine too. I always thought it was for a speaker too but it's very large. Just the interior panel covers over the hole; some cars just have a cover with a carpet piece but mine has a vinyl covered hardboard piece. I've never had moisture that far up since it's behind the fender baffle plate and seal anyway.
Man; That is a Big Hole! It obviously must be a speaker hole but the Depth is next to nothing: Meaning; If you did mount a relatively Flat Speaker, Would`nt you have to Re-Cut another Hole for the Magnet to pass thru in the Inner Wall of the Wing? Quite suseptable to the Elements; don`t you think! No hole on the other side; "Strange"???
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.