2wrench
Luke Skywalker
Offline
Okay. Got the thing to pop after turning the gear cog 180.
Didn't continue to start on advice. I believe she was ready to fire
up. Again, it was aborted.
Next question: If it were to go, is it okay to run it with the valve
cover off or is that a problem?
Also, when she starts, I suppose the first eyes-on would be the
oil pressure. If I don't get pressure, then abort running, of course?
I'm running on a little bit of nervous energy/excitement right now,
so please keep this in mind.
Didn't continue to start on advice. I believe she was ready to fire
up. Again, it was aborted.
Next question: If it were to go, is it okay to run it with the valve
cover off or is that a problem?
Also, when she starts, I suppose the first eyes-on would be the
oil pressure. If I don't get pressure, then abort running, of course?
I'm running on a little bit of nervous energy/excitement right now,
so please keep this in mind.
Hey Guest!
Oh yeah, when you are trying the starter, don't be afraid to turn the dizzy as the engine spins. Not a lot, a half inch or so in either direction, slowly. When you hit the right spot the engine should start to run. Keep your dizzy loose enough to do that.