thegoodbeamer
Jedi Trainee
Offline
Re 1963 Spitfire
Any advice on removing the headbolt/studs from the block
I used Areo Kroil penetrating oil to no avail.I now have dribbled some acetone around them plus more penetrating oil
Will keep doing this for a few days before trying again
The 2 nut system to remove will not work as they are in there pretty solid.I would worry about breaking them as that would have the pressure at the top of the stud.I tried a small pipe wrench but again worried about twisting them so now will wait and see for a few days before trying again
Any advice on removing the headbolt/studs from the block
I used Areo Kroil penetrating oil to no avail.I now have dribbled some acetone around them plus more penetrating oil
Will keep doing this for a few days before trying again
The 2 nut system to remove will not work as they are in there pretty solid.I would worry about breaking them as that would have the pressure at the top of the stud.I tried a small pipe wrench but again worried about twisting them so now will wait and see for a few days before trying again
Hey Guest!