• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hate is not a strong enough word

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
What i hate is when you do get through to a suposedly human bean after half an hour waiting listening to some crap repetative music interupted periodicaly by a bot saying " pease continue to hold your call is important to us" and they dont understand what you are trying to explain, usually because english is not thier first choice language and they tell you to please hold i will speak to my supervisor regarding your problem,
put on hold for ten minutes, then the music stops and poof !!! Game Over

Gatheringtree

Gold
Country flag
I agree 100%. I have discovered that with some companies, a faster way to get through to an agent is to utter a cuss word while asking for customer service. I do not think it has to be spoken in anger. Now start early into the call by saying "customer service dammit!" and I sometimes get right through to a live person. This works particularly well on robotic answering software that says something like "Tell us what you need and we will get you to the right place." Meaning it recognizes words and phrases. I surmised they also built into the software to recognize certain angry phrases that would speed up the process to a live agent. This, in order to avoid disgruntled paying customers.

Gatheringtree

Gold
Country flag
What i hate is when you do get through to a suposedly human bean after half an hour waiting listening to some crap repetative music interupted periodicaly by a bot saying " pease continue to hold your call is important to us" and they dont understand what you are trying to explain, usually because english is not thier first choice language and they tell you to please hold i will speak to my supervisor regarding your problem,
put on hold for ten minutes, then the music stops and poof !!! Game Over
Exactly! I recently had this problem with Amazon trying to track down a delivery of an expensive wrought iron bed frame. They lost the first one. I tried hanging up and calling back, only to get to a customer service agent from another third world country who could not tell me any more about tracking than I saw on my own account.

Gatheringtree

Gold
Country flag
For how I feel about these %^&*&$$#$ automated customer service phone systems (automated assistant)! Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬
It feels like I have entered the bane of my existence everytime I have the unavoidable task of calling an automatic answering assistant.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
A few of the call centres in the Uk have now switched to the Philippines and are using there call centres,
being quite a westernised asian country, plus the fact the US had been there since world war two up until I think 1996 ish
there english is very good, added to the fact they are, for the most part inteligent. My wife speeks five languages, even corrects my spelling.
something i have never been good at.
I wish all the companies would move over to the PI

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
plus the fact the US had been there since world war two up until I think 1996 ish
Actually since the Spanish-American War.

OP
Basil

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Speaking of complaints, I just left FedEx some strongly worded feedback!
"How would you rate your delivery?" I rated it 2 stars.
We had been in Denver last week for our grand niece's HS graduation. When I returned home I discovered that I had left my Canon battery charger and one of the batteries plugged in the wall at my sister-in-law's house.
  • Sent SIL the money to FedEx the charger and battery over night.
  • It cost $85 to pay for over night shipping (I could have bought a new charger and battery for this).
  • Package was sent early in the day on May 30th with scheduled delivery on May 31st by 8PM.
  • Tracking said package arrive at Albuquerque FedEx at 8:03AM on the 31st. "Great, I thought, it should be here later today."
  • The 31st came and went - no delivery. "Well, I'm sure it will be here tomorrow (June 1st)."
  • June first comes and goes - no delivery.
  • Tried to get in touch with Customer Service. It would probably be easier to get through to King Charles.
  • Finally, on June 2nd, the package was delivered at 7PM! Two days late.
  • This is the second time in recent months I've had this sort of unexplained delay in a package using FedEx.
  • FedEx used to be very good and very reliable. Lately not so much.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Actually since the Spanish-American War.
Us brits were there also when we were at war with spain, went there kicked some but and took over, worked out better than our $%!t show at boston. but then gave it back to spain when we signed the peace treaty.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
We had been in Denver last week for our grand niece's HS graduation. When I returned home I discovered that I had left my Canon battery charger and one of the batteries plugged in the wall at my sister-in-law's house.
  • It cost $85 to pay for over night shipping (I could have bought a new charger and battery for this).
  • Package was sent early in the day on May 30th with scheduled delivery on May 31st by 8PM.
  • Tracking said package arrive at Albuquerque FedEx at 8:03AM on the 31st. "Great, I thought, it should be here later today."
  • The 31st came and went - no delivery. "Well, I'm sure it will be here tomorrow (June 1st)."
  • Tried to get in touch with Customer Service. It would probably be easier to get through to King Charles.
  • This is the second time in recent months I've had this sort of unexplained delay in a package using FedEx.
Doesn’t FedEx have a performance guarantee for overnight delivery? You paid for a service you didn’t get.
I used UPS to send a package to my sister in NY. It cost $30 to ship. A couple of days ago I got an additional charge of $19 because I didn’t have her apartment number on the package. The thing is the UPS driver does not enter the building; the driver delivers to the doorman and he gives the package to the tenants in the building. I’m going to fight the charge, but I shouldn’t have to.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
You would think that Apple, who is a major player in high definition music, would have fantastic “hold” music. But no, their phone music is horrible, and very poor quality. They give you a choice of modern popular, classical, or jazz. All of it is low quality and horrible. Fortunately, there is also an option to wait in silence (the choice I usually make).
That's because Sony has all the good old back catalogs of music anymore.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
On the bright side (look at me being an optimist) some agencies let you leave a call back number.
That has worked out great every time.
More companies need to adopt that service.

mezy

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
On the bright side (look at me being an optimist) some agencies let you leave a call back number.
I found this with Ebay, never try to call them, from your account just click the link give me a call,
They phoned me within ten minutes, worked great. one thing Ebay has got right.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's funny,as the FedEx drivers (delivery & big rigs) always seem to
be in a hurry,& are some of the worst speeders around here.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
agree, our local cable company does that - about the only thing I like about them.

coming to calls, I don't swear but, mumbling often gets an operator in a hurry I am calling about mbmbmbmmm

In a separate but related, Mrs JP & I are currently enjoy the FREEZING!!!! weather in Newport RI (but loving Newport.) As I may have explained before our Canadian cell phone company charges $15 dollars a day each for roaming out of country. Because they can. So we have esims with USA numbers through T-Mobile and for $25 each we have unlimited talk and text and 6 gigs of data. I am recharging the numbers last week and the woman suggests I do it all online with a T-Mobile account so I don't have to phone. OK says I except that when I try to sign in to my T-Mobile account, they use two factor identification and text a number to my T-Mobile number - which only works in the USA. Could literally feel the heat as her brain processed that. :ROFLMAO:

So we are sticking with phone calls for now. :D

BobHaskell

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
That's funny,as the FedEx drivers (delivery & big rigs) always seem to
be in a hurry,& are some of the worst speeders around here.
A couple weeks ago, I worked from home one day so I could sign for a Fedex package. The driver didn't ring the doorbell, left the package on the front of the porch and went on his way; no signature.

equiprx

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
On a somewhat related note, last month I used a service called "JustAnswer" to try to fix an issue on wife's Kia.
It's a $1 charge to get a live technician for advice.
The technician told me that there was no fix for the issue other than replacing the instrument cluster, $1000.
No JustAnswer was not selling the part, but that's what KIA wanted.
But the related issue is, this morning I received an email from PayPal that I was being charged for membership to Just Answer.
I didn't order the membership and went to my PayPal account which showed $38 this month and $37 last month.
Called JustAnswer and was eventually connected to customer service.
The agent was heavily accented and after two tries to understand we got to the issue of the refund.
Got emails from them saying memberhip is cancelled and refunds in the works.