• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Greetings from New Hampshire

DBeliveau

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Greetings, my name is Dan, I'm a retired Army Officer/NCO. My first LBC was purchased from my uncle in 1973 at the age of 17, it was a 1962 Sunbeam Lemans by Harrington. I learned many lessons about cars with that car, as I was not in the car shop classes in HS the lessons were all first time experiences like removing and replacing the aluminum head when the car overheated and warped the head. Another was stripping and repainting the car. Then came college I sold it then junior year came the 65 Spitfire which got a repaint, new leather interior and engine rebuild. Then came the 78 Triumph Bonneville 750. Now on active duty in Georgia I bought a 72 Midget which I cleaned up put a new top on it then traded it on a 67 Austin Healey 3000 which was my daily driver until 1985 when I got into an accident so not having a place to work on it and having gotten married to a ready made family of 3 kids I decided to let it go. Then a long dry spell until 1997 when I found a good deal on a 1980 Spitfire it was dull Sienna brown. I drove that quite a bit painted it Guards Red then in 2008 did a frame on restomod retrofitting chrome bumpers rebuilt the engine with 9-1 pistons, 270 cam, Webber carb, sold that 2012. Then in 2015 found a RHD Triumph Stag with a Ford 302 project and joined The Triumph Stag Club USA. I started working on that but wanted a car to drive so after doing some searching on line I found a nice Jensen Healey which had been built in 1993 the engine had been built up and was dyno tested at 217 hp up from 144 hp when new. I drove it from western Connecticut to New Hampshire in March 2016. That summer I ordered a new header and rebuilt the suspension and brakes from power booster to wheel cylenders. We drive it about 5000 miles each summer with our club British Cars of NH.
Cheers Dan

Madflyer

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Welcome and that is quite a list I have worked on and wished I had some of those cars The Stag for one AH 3000 for another. I have had TR 4, TR 250, MG TD, MG B, and now TR 6 1973. I have one wish car that is out of reach JAG 120, just a dream to drive, but a beer budget. Madflyer

OP
D

DBeliveau

Freshman Member
Bronze
Country flag
Welcome and that is quite a list I have worked on and wished I had some of those cars The Stag for one AH 3000 for another. I have had TR 4, TR 250, MG TD, MG B, and now TR 6 1973. I have one wish car that is out of reach JAG 120, just a dream to drive, but a beer budget. Madflyer
Thanks, I wish I still had some of those also.
Hagerty has listed the XK 120 as one of their picks for 10 best this year.
Other cars I've had include 1969 Mach I, and 1972 Cutlass convertible.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Welcome! great list of cars though you had me at Sunbeam Harrington Lemans!

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Harrington also did up the TR's I have only seen one from NOR CAL years ago. Madflyer
as in a fastback? I did not know that