• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A Goodbye my 67TR4a

tdskip

Yoda
Country flag
FIAT - fix it again tomorrow!

Not if you get a good one and keep on it. They can be highly reliable and huge fun in my personal experience. My 124 Sport Spider was drop dead reliable.

A bad one is tougher to sort out than an LBC for sure however...

PeterK

Yoda
I had a string of Fiat 850s in the early 80s which I bought to resell, and also friend had an X19. Fit it again Tony (or Fix It All the Time) was very appropriate. Never owned a 124 or later as I had enough at that point. If you think Lucas electrical is bad, try Fiat. Didn't they pull out of the US because of poor sales (from poor reliability issues)? This was my experience anyway. Had a friend with a Tupolino 600cc and it just kept on walking (it couldn't run, fast walk was all it could do but it sounded like 100mph because of the high revving engine) but it was a fun car, all of them were fun!

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I think that either Apos or Pat Galvin could handle a restoration on the 4. They have done fantastic work in the past.