Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
https://www.secondchancegarage.com/public/186.cfm
If you have a look at Scenario 5, you'll see what I had to deal with when I first brought my car to it's new home.
Hoping that the valve was stuck and not burned, I added different gasoline detergents including seafoam and techtron and a couple others each time I filled the gas tank. After a month or two and some spirited driving, Scenario 1.
So, I'd have to say that no harm was done.
I still occasionally add detergents. Right now there's a little Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank.
I've noticed my Spitfire running worse and worse. I suspect the fuel is causing problems, or maybe the carbs just need attending to. Seems to run lean and pulling out the choke a bit smooths it out.
Oh yea, I'm big believer in Seafoam for all my fuel injected cars.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.