Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
On my ongoing restoration of the 4a; I
noticed that the fuel tank does Not have
an overflow/air vent. Is this
something I need to address before placing
it back in the car? Was thinking of putting
a brass fitting and running a hose down to the
frame/body.
Harry
Well, I can tell you I topped up my tank one cold day before storing the car for the winter and discovered gas poured out the filler cap on an exceptionally warm day from expansion. Damaged the paint some but glad the tank didn't rupture from the pressure.
The vent on the tank (as found on earlier TRs) can dump liquid fuel on the road in hard turns. So I would suggest verifying that the cap is vented (small hole through the inner plate of the cap) and not filling the tank above the bottom of the fill pipe.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.