• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR4/4A Free [yes, free] TR4 available in Michigan

Jim_Webby

Freshman Member
I recently took my TR250 to work for an employee car show. After the show one of the blokes at work contacted me and asked if I would be interested in taking off his hands a 1963 TR4 that he has sitting in his backyard. It is in need of some work (hasn't run since 1978), and has been sitting outside during that time. He has sent me some photos of the car, that I have attached to this post.

I would love to take the car myself, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts at persuasion.. ("You want ANOTHER car? Where do you think you are going to put it? In our bedroom?", although I don't think she was actually serious about this ;-) ).

Please contact him direct with any questions you might have. Basically, his wife wants it gone, and he would rather have someone take it for spares of restoration than see it go to the scrapyard.

However, it is FREE to whoever wants to take it away.

His name is Jerry Stretanski, his email is jerry.stretanski@us.bosch.com . The car is located in Pinckney in SE Michigan about 30mins NE of Ann Arbor.

Cheers,

Jim.

OP
Jim_Webby

Jim_Webby

Freshman Member
Having some difficulty attaching a photo, second attempt...

Attachments

• 141772-000_0070.JPG
    141772-000_0070.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 317

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
It's a shame anyone would let one of these cars get into that condition - I sure hope someone can rescue it. I'd pick it up for the hardtop, but it's over 2000 miles away from me and I really don't need another project /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif

Dennis

Jedi Hopeful
That would be a good project to pick up. Michigan... Columbus is only a bit over 10 hours from here...... Have to think hard on this one...

kindofblue

Jedi Warrior
I could use those rims. Are those factory whitewalls? I have seen other threads discussing the TR4 as coming factory with whitewalls. I do love a TR4. Really, I don't need another free project car that isn't running. I promised myself the next one will be roadworthy. I need to get the 250 on the road....

jerrybny

Jedi Knight
Sure wished I lived in Michigan. Can always use another project. Retirement is just 3 years away. YAHOO

R6MGS

Yoda
I'll send him an email directly thanks...

Zack

Alan_Myers

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
I could use those rims. Are those factory whitewalls? ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Those look like TR6 rims to me. Not to say that's a bad thing. They allow a wider tire to be fitted to TR4.

Andrew Mace

Staff member
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I could use those rims. Are those factory whitewalls? ....

[/ QUOTE ]

Those look like TR6 rims to me. Not to say that's a bad thing. They allow a wider tire to be fitted to TR4.

[/ QUOTE ]Agreed on the TR6 rims. But that front tire looks "appropriate" for the early TR4. When first introduced in the US late in 1961, those "wide" whitewalls were still readily available, and some of the early TR4 sales literature pictures cars so equipped.

PeterK

Yoda
Front bumper looks nice and straight but I bet you could just pick it off without tools. A shame to leave a car on bare earth under a tarp for so long. Hate for this (see attachment) to happen - my parts car has donated it's center section to the earth! PeterK

Attachments

• 141860-crusty.jpg
    141860-crusty.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 110

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
... In the bedroom? Well I know a guy that has doors and boot lid in the bedroom. Another that has the all the glass from his Mini in the bedroom closet. I'm thinking "Where else?!" T.T.

OP
Jim_Webby

Jim_Webby

Freshman Member
Sorry, should have mentioned the TR6 rims and tyres (he did tell me about them, I forgot to mention this in my first post).

Well I've already run out of space in the basement (wonderful things, wished I had one back in the UK, although there it would have been called the cellar), and my house doesn't have a loft space (which is where most Brits store all the junk), so the bedroom seemed like the next logical place...

Cheers,

Jim.

beez

I have a hood, trunk lid, hard top, convertable top, dash, 2 seats, carpet, and other parts in my living room. Isn't that where it belongs when it's not on the car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PeterK

Yoda
Honestly, I wouldn't mind having it as a parts car too. The interior is probably in decent shape thanks to the hardtop.

beez

I hope someone can restore this car. It's really sad to see one of these cars in this condition. If I were anywhere close, it'd be in my garage waiting for restoration! Honestly, how bad could it be!

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gifI can have it picked up and out of his yard by Sunday at the latest. I've sent PM's and emails and haven't got a response. What's the deal?

beez

Did you try to contact the owner:

His name is Jerry Stretanski, his email is jerry.stretanski@us.bosch.com . The car is located in Pinckney in SE Michigan about 30mins NE of Ann Arbor.

That might be the best route to take. Hopefully you plan to restore it... I hate seeing good cars being parted out! Then again, I have only seen the picture! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Good luck!!!

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I sure did. No reply. What gives?

frankenstang57

Jedi Warrior
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifWhoohoo, I got ahold of the owner today. Thanx!