• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

For Men of a Certain Age

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
For guys like me who were around when Healeys were still in production, they take us back to our youth. Just like the music and clothes of the times. Combine them all together and you get this vid from Petula Clark that Lin Rose posted to the mail list:

VA4LjOo&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Johnny

Darth Vader
Country flag
Thanks so much for sharing 'Healey Rick' really enjoyed seeing the video. I forgot how really charming Petula Clark was.

Did hate to see all those dancers jumping around the interior of that lovely Aston Martin DB4 though.

Country flag
Thanks a lot for posting that - bought my first bugeye in 1968, what nostalgia! Shows like that - Shindig, Hullaballu (sp?), etc were the height of excitement.

Larry

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
I sure would be happy to just return to that time, maybe even a bit earlier,
and stay there, of course providing I could take my loved ones with me !!!!
Sure would beat the times we live in now ! Just think, could go out and
buy a brand new tri carb or maybe a few years old 100S or certainly a 100M.

why

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Just terrific, in fact on the morning drive along the Pacific to breakfast, I was thinking about the old detergent-nondetergent issue and the obsession over whether one could switch or combine, imagine if message boards existed back then, even the how often to change brake fluid, or silicone versus .... would pale. Many thanks Rick, have just gotten a computer that can download music,reminded me of one artist I have not put on the playlist.