Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
My first preference would be lead filler. But it takes a little practice to get it right. The easiest way would be to work in some All-Metal body filler. I had similar gaps on my midget, but the poly-fill primer actually closed the gap. Do you have some feeler gauges that you can measure how much gap we are talking about?
lead filler is a good idea, it is malleable so maybe wont just crack out. I've never used it though, and don't know where it is available.
I saw some Bondo "metal fill" at autozone the other day ("aluminum reinforced body filler").
What type of "all-metal body filler" do you recommend?
Gap varies along the bead from almost no gap to maybe 40 thousandths or so at it's widest
I was thinking about something similar to the 3M for small gaps around my headlamps before I repaint my Bugeye. I assume this is somewhat similar to seam sealer,but is paintable, correct? Jim
Paintable seam sealer works well. Just scrap off the excess to leave a nice edge before it sets. You don't want it to look like a caulked seam with rounded edges.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.