• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A fellow triumph tr2-ers. Any out there?

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
The car looks great welcome, as not expecting a teenager, my brother is restoring a bugeye with his 14 year old son, great project father son project, the car looks great, I am impressed.

HerronScott

Darth Vader
Welcome and very nice looking car!

Although many many years later now, I got my TR4A when I was 17 but didn't start restoring it until I was 22. Lots of good memories working on it but sounds like you had an advantage since your Dad is in to Triumphs as well!

Scott

Lou Metelko

Jedi Trainee
Jacky:
Congratulations on a job well done. I would not hesitate to bet that you are the world's youngest TR2 Long Door owner. Where did you source the Geranium interior?

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2 TS981

OP
J

jackyB

Freshman Member
justin_mercier said:
Hey, I'm glad you're a teen! I just turned 29 and I'm always the youngest person at any of these british car shows =D

The hobby needs some younger blood to keep the passion alive and to keep these little beauties on the road.

I will fully admit that I'm jelous of your TR2 =)

I'm in the midst of a complete frame off restoration of my TR6 right now (covered in another thread here, and over at www.6-pack.org) so I know just how much hard work goes into a restoration like that =)

I'm gonna follow your thread. My little brother has a tr6 that he's gonna start tearin into when he gets a little older.

OP
J

jackyB

Freshman Member
Lou Metelko said:
Jacky:
Congratulations on a job well done. I would not hesitate to bet that you are the world's youngest TR2 Long Door owner. Where did you source the Geranium interior?

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2 TS981

We had to get the material dyed seeing that we can't find it anywhere i can find out who we had do it if you're in need of some. Also i think my Dad might have been in contact with you a couple years back about geranium carpet???

toysrrus

Yoda
Hey jackyB,

I just bought a "TR3 Emblem" made in England on Ebay for a "Keyfob". I have "Never, Ever" seen one like this and with simply "Exact" detail as my Front Apron one. I`m looking at your key fob & Do you have a similar emblem on your fob; except for TR2? Please post a pic for me of your "Key Fob".

You and Your Dad have some great looking TRs.

Regards,

Russ

OP
J

jackyB

Freshman Member
toysrrus said:
Hey jackyB,

I just bought a "TR3 Emblem" made in England on Ebay for a "Keyfob". I have "Never, Ever" seen one like this and with simply "Exact" detail as my Front Apron one. I`m looking at your key fob & Do you have a similar emblem on your fob; except for TR2? Please post a pic for me of your "Key Fob".

Regards,

Russ

Yes i do have the same style key fob as the front apron emblem I bought mine from a great site called the roadster factory. The keyfob is a pristine piece. they've got everything you could ever need for a restoration. here's the link:
https://www.zeni.net/trf/TR2-TR3Handbook/index.php?menu=&page=34
I will try and post a pic of mine when i head home for the weekend. The roadster factory is bar none the best site for parts i've found. I hope this helps.
Jack

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
<span style="font-style: italic">Well here she is ts1056. I bet you weren't expecting some teenager! My Dad bought me the car when i was ten and i started the restoration at 16 (with help from dear old dad of course). It took us three years to complete. We restored it to original specs (or at least as close as we could). Restoring the car was a blast I'd do it again in a heart beat. Enjoy!
</span>
THANKS! Sweet Ride!

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Absolutely beautiful! Congrats!

Country flag
Jacky....you must have the BEST Dad in the WORLD!! :laugh:

How awesome was it of him to realize when you were TEN that this would be something you'd appreciate and take on in your "later" years!! I have to conclude that your love of cars is genetic....what does your Dad drive?? :driving:

If you're like me, the apple doesn't fall far from the mechanic's shade tree! Or in LBC language, the oil doesn't drip far from the pan!! LOL

One thing to remember, as you get older and "life happens" - DON'T LET GO OF THAT CAR! You and your Dad restored it and no other car can EVER replace that.

Like the commercial says:
1 set of tires and tubes - $875
New clutch and slave cylinder - $659
1954 TR2 you restored with your Dad - PRICELESS!

OP
J

jackyB

Freshman Member
Silverghost said:
Jacky....you must have the BEST Dad in the WORLD!! :laugh:

How awesome was it of him to realize when you were TEN that this would be something you'd appreciate and take on in your "later" years!! I have to conclude that your love of cars is genetic....what does your Dad drive?? :driving:

If you're like me, the apple doesn't fall far from the mechanic's shade tree! Or in LBC language, the oil doesn't drip far from the pan!! LOL

One thing to remember, as you get older and "life happens" - DON'T LET GO OF THAT CAR! You and your Dad restored it and no other car can EVER replace that.

Like the commercial says:
1 set of tires and tubes - $875
New clutch and slave cylinder - $659
1954 TR2 you restored with your Dad - PRICELESS!

Yeah my Dad is one amazing guy. That Green Tr3A is his, along with a "few" others :smile:. I fell in love with that car when i was a little tike Which is why i wanted a sidescreen triumph. I was just lucky that we were able to find this car. It truly is a great and priceless car.

JohnK

Freshman Member
Great Job on your TR2 .It is nice to see some one else that your father gave you a car at 16 years old .I was 16 when my father gave me my tr2 which was already 11 years old . We bought the car new in 1955 I was 5years old now Iam 60years old still have car working on it last 2 years brakes ,rear end leaks small stuff that adds up .Will be driving it this summer in Boston ,Mass .Again great job great memories.
John K .(Dedham,Mass)
1955 TR2 TS6633L

vivdownunder

Jedi Warrior
Jacky, you should treasure every minute with that lovely car and the support of your great dad. As life progresses you will have wonderful keepsake memories.

My lifelong interest in TR's started at age 18 with a short door Signal Red TR2, TS7881-0. I had enormous fun in that car and loved it to bits. Indeed it took an XKE Jag to tempt me out of it.

Some years back I traced the TR2 to it's last owner and found it had been dismantled circa 1987.

Further delving led to the discovery that it's frame and block had been used in the rebuild of TS3900, the gearbox was in a BRG TR3A, it's inner guards went to repair a white TR3 and its apron is believed to be with TS166 currently being rebuilt interstate. The commission plate turned up among the last owner's boxes of TR bits and pieces and he kindly donated it back to me.

So the car lives on as if it had been used for organ transplants, and now approaching retirement, I have a nice momento on the study wall of all those carefree days of youth spent in the TR2.

Best regards,

Viv.

toysrrus

Yoda
jackyB said:
toysrrus said:
Hey jackyB,

Regards,

Russ

Yes i do have the same style key fob as the front apron emblem I bought mine from a great site called the roadster factory. The keyfob is a pristine piece. they've got everything you could ever need for a restoration. here's the link:
https://www.zeni.net/trf/TR2-TR3Handbook/index.php?menu=&page=34
I will try and post a pic of mine when i head home for the weekend. The roadster factory is bar none the best site for parts i've found. I hope this helps.
Jack

Hi Jacky,

I`ve never noticed the Key Fobs in the TRF catalog! Here I thought I had made a great rare find. Well; I guess I did. Thanx for the Hds Up.

Russ