Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
67 TR4A - Fan extention is rubbing on the steering rack. Engine mounts and transmission mounts are good condition.
Has anyone else had this problem? Should make some shims to lift the engine alittle bit?
I had that problem (back when I was running the stock extension). It actually machined a groove in the extension. Shimming it up a bit solved the problem, there may even be a part number for shims, but they are easy to make up.
Do you have the round front mounts? I like the Powertune ones, seem a little stiffer but I don't know if it would solve your problem - but you could easily slot a couple of large washers and shim if you need to I think.
I have the rectangular engine mounts, Yeap, the fan ext has a wear mark match the rack.
Will make some shimes to lift the engine.
Thanks for your support.
My fan extension was always within 1mm of the steering rack. When I replaced the round motor mounts I used the opportunity to insert a round differential mount washer under the mount to add clearance. It worked great. As an aside, I used the Power Tune HD motor mounts and was pleasantly shocked at the reduction in NVH from the engine. It drove like a new car.
My fan extension was always within 1mm of the steering rack. When I replaced the round motor mounts I used the opportunity to insert a round differential mount washer under the mount to add clearance. It worked great.
Bob
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.