• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Face masks

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Have you noticed face masks seem to act as blinders in the grocery stores. People do not see you coming and just run over you.

David

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
My experience has been the act of grocery shopping is beyond some people's mental capacity. Before masks, before cell phones.

Popeye

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Have you noticed face masks seem to act as blinders in the grocery stores. People do not see you coming and just run over you.

David

That’s me! (But I manage not to run over people.) I find the face masks constrain my visual ability. Between fogging my glasses and somehow covering just enough of my field of vision, I am less aware of my surroundings.

Obviously a small price to pay for the benefit, but I’m looking forward to going out “in the buff” again:smile:!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Obviously a small price to pay for the benefit, but I’m looking forward to going out “in the buff” again:smile:!

And thanks for not posting a picture... :shocked:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Mumbling with masks...

starbucks.jpg

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
In a store today wanting to get some frozen goods, I was standing at a respectful distance. There was a woman standing in front of the freezer section with the freezer door wide open gazing at the products. Finally closes the door with out picking anything and moves to the next door and does the same thing. She could have looked through the glass door to do her browsing but once they are held open for a while they mist up so when you finally get a chance at the fridge section you can't see through the doors. Now you have to hold the doors open to see.
After all that she did not get any frozen goods.

David

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
some people are just naturally inconsiderate or don't bother to think. I guess that's the same thing really.

OP
D

DavidApp

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Probable just a carry over from the teenage years. Open fridge door stare inside for a while then close door and wonder off.

David

Country flag
I try to avoid getting too close to people in the store, more for their mental comfort than my own, but some just don't care about crowding others, blocking isles, or pondering the goods for extended periods. I shop like my father did, I know what I want when I walk in and just want to grab, pay and go. So those who show up not knowing what they may want/need I do find annoying, but they're like that even in good times.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
I never did understand shopping. I go in, pick up what I need, then i'm gone. My sis in laws, never go with them anymore, look at everything. I asked once why look at everything when you are a certain size. Answer: " because someone may have put the size in a wrong place". Shouldn't take 3 hrs to look at clothes.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I try to avoid getting too close to people in the store, more for their mental comfort than my own, but some just don't care about crowding others, blocking isles, or pondering the goods for extended periods. I shop like my father did, I know what I want when I walk in and just want to grab, pay and go. So those who show up not knowing what they may want/need I do find annoying, but they're like that even in good times.

Same here, and for the same reasons. And I will never go "shopping" with th' 'mits. She's a coupon and BOGO Wu-Li Master. It's like a hunting expedition with her. I will give credit where credit's due, she even came home once with two bags full of groceries and $2.00 more than she left with. $40.00 worth of groceries. I've no patience for it but I know it can be worth the effort sometimes.