• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Does your neighborhood howl

OP
TRMark

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
So what, please tell me, is Redneck music? How is this?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Ah, labels. Neighbors last night were blasting out what some folks call "punk rock".

Redneck - a cheap word with lots of negative connotations. Many words like that. We all label things differently, and use the labels often too frequently.

Some great music out there, and great performances. I'm a nut for German marches, but still hate what's often associated with them.

I've been crusading against labels ever since I joined BCF back in 2004. The battle continues.

Onward through the fog.
Tom M.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
They don't howl here, afraid the coyotes will come into town. Have a neighbor with trash trucks, john boat with holes, marine engine on stand for years, no mufflers on trucks, get grass two ft. high. Always noisy, don't get up until 4pm, think they know it all, suck up to the police. Truck camper too big for truck half painted and sitting full of water. Up feel your pain NutmegCT. Other neighbors complain to me instead of the village.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
They don't howl here, afraid the coyotes will come into town. Have a neighbor with trash trucks, john boat with holes, marine engine on stand for years, no mufflers on trucks, get grass two ft. high. Always noisy, don't get up until 4pm, think they know it all, suck up to the police. Truck camper too big for truck half painted and sitting full of water. Up feel your pain NutmegCT. Other neighbors complain to me instead of the village.

Surprise! Back in December, the guy next door brought home a junker school bus. Parked it in the back with the wrecked boat, wrecked SUV, two ATVs, and his wrecked "garage". On Christmas Eve, he went out and turned on all the bus's lights - great holiday decoration!

This morning - he towed the bus up into the front yard. Then a buddy drove up, dropped off his own kids, hitched up a trailer with two more ATVs, and they drove off to parts unknown. Now all the kids are riding bikes all over the neighborhood.

Never a dull moment!

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
TRMark - just saw a segment on News Hour about the "howling in support of health workers" in Missoula. Is that your neck of the woods? Sounds like a great idea.

Tom M.

OP
TRMark

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Missoula is about 340 miles west, the Montana howling started there. We are still doing it here at 8pm, although it has diminished a bit. Some howl, one of the neighbors blasts away on a trombone, I have a really loud obnoxious goose call device, the little guy next door loves it. Kinda letting people know we are still alive. The local bagpipe band showed up outside the hospital on a few 8pm occasions to "serenade" the workers. Whether that is a treat or not may be up for debate. The brewerys and restaurants are opening up on Monday with distancing and capacity restrictions. Fortunately, for me anyway, the brewerys were able to fill growlers during this mess.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Mark. If bagpipes showed up in my neck of the woods - I'd be out there cheering and supplying them with free pizza! (or haggis?)

Tom M.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
For over a year now I've been thinking about a yidaki. A didgeridoo. Maybe bagpipes would be better...

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thought about a bugle and play reville in the morning at sun up, noticed windows open.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thought about a bugle and play reville in the morning at sun up, noticed windows open.

Love it! But I'd need a recording of it and a big-arse sound system to play it.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Have banjo, will travel. :devilgrin:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
OOOH!!! We could do a duet, banjo and didgeridoo!!!

A few decades ago I first heard "Yothu Yindi" and have two of their albums/CD's. With a head-banger/rap-crap sound system, I could/would blast some of that out.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Thought about the sound system, but the bugle would be cheaper. I don't know how to play a bugle,so it would make mornings more enjoyable with them listening to me learn. :glee:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Thought about the sound system, but the bugle would be cheaper. I don't know how to play a bugle,so it would make mornings more enjoyable with them listening to me learn. :glee:

Yup! That's why I like the bagpipe idea! I'd be sounding like I'm squeezin' a bagful of cats.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
Would be nerve wracking, but I would like to see that.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Or,you could just do a two hour tune up on a two-stroke dirt bike.

LarryK

Yoda
Gold
Country flag
My neighbor kid (25) moved back in because he couldn't pay his rent with an $800 a week take home check. He has no mufflers. His re ord in starting the truck hit 21 times before it ran. Revs it up then finally leaves early in the morning. Years back when we moved in I had an XJ6 I had taken apart to do a valve job. Put it together and started it without the pipes hooked up. The neighbor ran over and wanted to know what did that. I said what did what. He said whatever I was running shook all the windows in the house. So, now three owners later, I know.the kid is asleep around 2 in the afternoon, I have unhooked my pipes on a different Jag and wow, he comes out of the house. Doing twice a day now.