• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

dielectric grease

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Anyone use dielectric grease when putting fuses in? Sounds logical but I have never tried it.
TH

Why put a dielectric which is non-conductive in a circuit that you want to have high conductivity????????

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Corrosion? I use it with the Lucas bullet connectors to exclude moisture.

Well TH:
It would seem more feasible if U Used a conductive grease at least.
This is a dielectric [Grease] impregnated with conductive particles such as copper or gold???
Here the conductiveness is created by the added copper or gold particles.
The grease will still exclude moisture.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
Then why isn't it used for all our connections? Seems logical but I have never heard of it. All I've heard of is the dielectric stuff. As it is described in the VB catalog, Dielectric Grease is the "magic bullet" for electrical connections of all types.

RAC68

Darth Vader
Keoke,

As we have already had this discussion, I don't understand why you keep promoting the use of a conductive grease for application in the Healey?

I have suggested the use of dielectric grease for use in electrical connections on the Healey but only see the use of a conductive grease as risky at best. Where a conductive grease will promote a circuit any where it may flow as a result of heat or being misplaced (as from a finger print), a dielectric grease is a non-conductive that will assist and support circuit insulation, lubricate the connector, and retard flash and corrosion. However, it will easily move aside to provide a solid electrical connection when pressure is applied as in the incursion of a connector.

I totally agree with Tahoe and suggest that conductive grease is very carefully evaluatred before use in a Healey application.

Ray(64BJ8P1)

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
As we have already had this discussion, I don't understand why you keep promoting the use of a conductive grease for application in the Healey?

I am not promoting it i would not touch it with a ten foot pole.IF there is anything that is going to collect dirt in a connection it is going to be grease.

So talk to the folks that think! Dielectric Grease is the "magic bullet" for electrical connections of all types.

Also use what ever you please.

RAC68

Darth Vader
Hi Keoke,

Sorry if I misunderstood your previous responses now and in the past.

All the best,
Ray (64BJ8P1)

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Hi Keoke,

Sorry if I misunderstood your previous responses now and in the past.

All the best,
Ray (64BJ8P1)

Naw "U" is OK with me --I was just trying t splain what makes a dielectric conductive as they say N if you choose to use a grease why not use a conductive one:cheers:

Last edited:

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Country flag
I use dielectric grease in wiring connectors, but don't see value in using it in a fuse box (unless the box is sealed and you pack the whole thing). I've not seen any corrosion in the stock fuse blocks, unlike the connectors where moisture can get trapped.

RAC68

Darth Vader
Yes, I have used a very light film of dielectric grease on all connections to the box and also no the fuse connectors. Although corrosion and rust may not be present in SoCal, the potential for its formation is definitely present in NJ and the east cost so I do everything practical to eliminate this potential.

Ray (64BJ8P1)