• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Death Of Eric Jones-Riverside

HAN8L1965

Jedi Warrior
I don't think I have seen a post of this. Eric Jones of Delaware Ohio died Sunday August 24th. He was very well known in the hobby and sport. His obit was just listed today in the Columbus, Ohio Dispatch. He will be missed as I know he was a friend to many. A olt of us part parts from in from his Riverside Motors company.

Mark

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Last Sunday I attended Eric's annual picnic that he hosted for his customers. For a while in the afternoon he saw visitors while resting on his porch. He had been suffering with mesothelioma for a while and was very weak. His wife had planned for him to be admitted to a Hospice unit on Monday. He wanted badly to have his yard filled with British cars for one last time. There were many of us there. He went back to his room before I left in mid-afternoon. When I arrived home that evening there was an e-mail stating that he had passed away late in the afternoon. I'll remember him whenever I work on my disc brake conversion that he sold me.

Nelson

Country flag
How nice that he got to spend that morning at the picnic. Perhaps it will come to pass that that picnic continues on in his memory as a fund raiser for mesothelioma research and cure.

Nelson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Yes, that would be good. This year was the first time we were asked to contribute any money for the event and any excess funds, along with donations, were going to be given to a mesothelioma research fund. It is certainly a worth while cause.

Nelson

TexasSprite

Jedi Hopeful
I am so sorry to read about Eric's passing. He was a huge help to me as I was getting my Sprite roadworthy. The front suspension components and ribcase transmission he rebuilt for me work perfectly. I always enjoyed talking to him, especially since he was so patient with my beginner questions. It was typical of him when asked about method of payment to say "send me a check when you get the stuff". That kind of faith in humanity is rare today! I'll think about him as I smoothly shift through the gears, squealing around the corners in my neighborhood.

Morris

Yoda
He rebuilt my a-arms. What a guy! Never met him personally, but he was one of the warmest people to chat on the phone with I have ever encountered. Even though I only did a very small amount of business with him, he always remembered me when I called and always gave me some welcome ribbing about my name (Morris from Austin).

He's definitely going to be missed.

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
I had him rebuilt my front end too. I spoke to him a few times, seemed like a good guy that did quality work.

Westfield_XI

Jedi Warrior
I didn't know Mr. Jones, but this is one of the most bittersweet things I have read of in years. I read it to my wife and we both teared up thinking of him sitting on his porch with a lawn full of LBC's. Afterwards she looked at me and said "It really IS a community, isn't it?" Thank you all for sharing this with us.

George Zeck

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Eric rebuilt my engine, tranny & diff. Always nice and fair. Without him at that stage -- my car would be beer cans. After that - it's all of you on this forum. He was a great man and responsible for propagating the hobby to those who never got a chance to buy these cars new.

George