• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dead Computer

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The two games I don't like are two games of golf.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Update - computer needed a new circuit board and a new processor. He's testing it now and it should be ready later today. I think he found some used parts - he said it would only cost $10 more than his original estimate. How long could a computer last if you keep replacing parts? I got about ten years out of one.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Thanks Paul.

How long could a computer last? Forever - if the software isn't continually "updated".

Long live my 64K Osborne, running at the breathtaking speed of 4 MHz! After 30+ years, still ticking.

OP
P

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Picked it up and using it right now. Total bill was $193.41. It seems to be a bit faster now - so far.
He recommended a larger monitor using the port that connects to a graphics card that I installed when I downloaded X-Plane (which I never use). I have an adaptor now since my Dell monitor uses a smaller whatever you call that thing that plugs into another thing with a lot of little holes.