• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cool Picture thread

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Was cruising around the H.A.M.B. forum site and they have the longest coolest collection of old pictures - almost 2000 pages!!!

It is here Picture Thread

It is addicting but am cruising it slowly. Anyway, page 93, what should I see but....

DWeeB

Jedi Trainee
Cool! Thanks.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Millrat said:
We still have an A&W where you can order from your car. Looking forward to taking a similar picture:smile:.

Well, if you want to do it right, better find a gal with short-shorts, polkas dot top and the great legs! :cooler:

:cheers:

RickB

Yoda
Millrat said:
I'll see if my wife is up to it :jester:

Up to you finding a gal with all those attributes???

Wow what a gal...

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Great shot! And I'll admit, the Sprite was the <span style="text-decoration: underline">second</span> thing I noticed too!

Linda's high school year book (1968) has a photo of a Sprite in it.

As for the drive ins, we still have places like that here in NJ.

About two miles from us is Cliff's (first photo-----where one of my kids used to work). Very old-school and packed in the Summer.
There are three other similar places within five miles us (including a Stewart's).

And we have The Chatterbox (second photo) which is a modern-built version. It's round and has waitresses on roller skates for outside customers (and they use the hanging window trays too). They have three scheduled cruise night per week in the Summer. Very <span style="font-style: italic">Mel's Drive In / Happy Days!</span>

And of course, the Jersey Shore must have dozens of little drive in food places like that (I think I worked in a lot of them during high school).

cliffs2.jpg

20080816-013.jpg

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
Agree, I'm addicted - it's the most entertaining photo thread ever. I visit weekly.

ToedInn.jpg

MG.jpg

reliant-regal-53-.jpg

MissLubeRack.jpg

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
BTW I want to know who came up with the title "Miss Lube Rack" and then who would actually compete to be "Miss Lube Rack?!" (yes I know - different time, different place and obviously she did compete and win - sheesh)

Anyway, today's pic - page 97

nomad

Yoda
Great stuff, JP!!!! Had to leave or I would'nt have gotten anything done all day. Steve McQueen in his D jag on page 2 and Maserati race car carrier on page 3.

Kurt.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
JPSmit said:
Anyway, today's pic - page 97

hahaha... no date stamp needed for this one.. "you've come a long way, baby"

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Up to Page 99 - these all from the wall of a carpet store. Store belonged to the father of the person posting. These pics of people driving their carpet home. The last one is actually my favourite (not all Spridgets this time) can you imagine this happening now?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Page 145 - (a bunch of blanks inbetween)

I think it is the same one as before

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Avoiding work this morning. Saw this - this is VERY interesting given the sign on the side of the van. Anyone know what the story is?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
This One is interesting too - yes, Bond, James Bond, but look at the sign!

61frogeye

Jedi Trainee
JPSmit said:
Avoiding work this morning. Saw this - this is VERY interesting given the sign on the side of the van. Anyone know what the story is?

About a month ago I was on a website that showed pictures of Shelby's driving school cars from back in the 60's and one of them was a BE. That is probably the same car. I wish I could remember where I found it. I will search around and see if I can find it again.

Gerard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
On A similar note, we recently got a couple new channels in the Bay Area. Both are retro TV channels showing all the shows from the 50's, 60's and 70's. Last night I caught an episode of <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">The Fugitive</span></span>. In this episode, Richard Kinball sneaks home to see his father, brother and sister. Well, the brother is into racing and there are a lot of scenes of him in and driving a bathtub Porsche, #20 "Kimball Special". In one scene, he's parked just off the track in a little parking area. (PT 1 11:19) Next to him is a Bugeye, then an MGA. Several scenes of cars racing on the track include some Spridgets, MGB's, Jags, MGA, Aston Martin, Porsche, Elva and more. I can't say the acting or story was the greatest, so these scenes were the highlight of the program.

Shot in December '63; Season 1, Episode 15 ""Home Is the Hunted"" The nephews are played by Billy Mumy and Clint Howard.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583964/

https://www.imdb.com/media/rm560169984/tt0056757

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgRS0NEHbQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6aKt7kY4FM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXuE6gJphTw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3urOPPny9E4