Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Anyone out there know what size and pitch the three screws are to attach the two halves of the control head together on a 59 TR3A?
Nothing in my assortment seems to fit and I do NOT want to strip the brass inserts.
Gordon
More then likely, they are British Association (BA) threads if they are smaller then 1/4". A lot of the screws smaller then 1/4" on the TR3 are BA threads. See the chart I linked to. The only sizes that I've run across so far are 2BA and 4BA. If the screw measures about 0.142" it's a 4BA, 0.185" = 2BA.
I had one measured at fastenal a couple of years ago and they gave me these numbers: M 2.5 x 60 x 6 Unfortunately, they only sold them in 100's. I made do with the old ones.
Anyone out there know what size and pitch the three screws are to attach the two halves of the control head together on a 59 TR3A?
Nothing in my assortment seems to fit and I do NOT want to strip the brass inserts.
Gordon
Anyone out there know what size and pitch the three screws are to attach the two halves of the control head together on a 59 TR3A?
Nothing in my assortment seems to fit and I do NOT want to strip the brass inserts.
Gordon
Those are the grub screws holding the control head in the steering column...I get the feeling that Gordon is looking for some other screws...or am I totally off-base??? :confuse:
Those are the grub screws holding the control head in the steering column...I get the feeling that Gordon is looking for some other screws...or am I totally off-base??? :confuse:
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.